• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #1120 on: 7 Aug 2012, 11:45 pm »
Nice! Congrats!

ronman

« Reply #1121 on: 9 Aug 2012, 02:45 pm »
Hey RobertD

Nice upgrade! Be careful with the piano black. Gorgeous looking but a bit difficult to keep clean - they can easily show little scratches or finger marks. I now have the "perfect" cleaning routine for mine. I use 3 microfiber cloths. The 1st one I dampen and swipe off any dust, the 2nd I use to apply a decent high quality car polish (wax on), the 3rd to buff to a shine (wax off). Gives the music that extra "shine" LOL

Enjoy

Robert D

« Reply #1122 on: 9 Aug 2012, 08:28 pm »
Thank you Sir

Bid difference in sound from the V2's to the V3's  .... 3Db's more right off the Top  :thumb:

I hope my sub's will be here for the weekend

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #1123 on: 9 Aug 2012, 09:18 pm »
Here is a few pic's

I'll take more once the Paradigm Sub 1's arrive !

Regards Robert

Robert D

« Reply #1124 on: 13 Aug 2012, 02:27 pm »

I'm very Happy with the out come. These are my 1st pair of Subs
Huge complement to my System  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Robert

drummermitchell

« Reply #1125 on: 13 Aug 2012, 02:39 pm »
WOOF,WOOF Robert,very nice indeed.
I love two subs as they even out the bottom end no matter where you sit.
I remember when I had one DD-15 in our other house,even if I moved my head 6" either way the sound would change.Then I acquired another and walla it didn't matter where I sat it was an even foundation for everything else
to play on,Congrats.
I'm sure you'll get the bug soon to try other positions,what's the weight of each 120lbs,oh the joys of positioning :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:.

Robert D

« Reply #1126 on: 13 Aug 2012, 03:53 pm »
Thank you Sir  :thumb:

Here are a few more Pic's  :D

Regards Robert

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #1127 on: 25 Aug 2012, 10:52 am »

Here is a pic of the Signature S8 v3's in Piano Black

All take some pic's once I get the camera up and loaded

Regards Robert

Robert, you have been busy during my absence  :D Awesome speaker and I know that you will definitely enjoy them.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1128 on: 25 Aug 2012, 01:59 pm »
The last few months have been most stressful in the Laundrew household as Hector had to undertake knee surgery due to torn cruciate ligaments in his knees. Approximately 15 weeks ago, he experienced a full separation of his cruciate on a Sunday. Monday we had him at the vets and if we wanted, he could of received a MRI within a couple of days. The vet said that this was not required as we knew that this problem existed.

The following Tuesday, he had an orthopaedic surgeon repair the damage. Hector's health care system is much better than us lowly humans as I know people at work who have waited for months to have this operation. The real challenge is keeping Hector inactive for his bones to heal. I am also fortunate that I can carry his 90 pound plus weight when it is required.

We thought that everything was going great until his left knee's cruciate failed and we were back at square one. Yesterday, Hector had his 23 staples removed - another milestone. Hector is restricted from using stairs and as my audio gear is downstairs in my room, , I cannot remember the last time I was sitting in front of my gear enjoying it - it has been a few months. What I have been doing is turning it on and let it play daily.

My music thirst is somewhat quenched by my computer audio as I have it next to Hector's condo - talk about a "bread and water" existence and am looking forward to dining on the fine delicacies that await from my gear downstairs.   

Hector in Hydrotherapy 10 weeks after his first operation...

Last week, after Hector's second knee surgery...

Want to hear a real "oxymoron?" An "inactive Boxer."  :duh:

Be well...

marsboer

« Reply #1129 on: 25 Aug 2012, 06:53 pm »
I took some pics of my setup today. As I absolutely love my Bryston equipment it's only reasonable to share them here.
This setup is what I have settled for after years of different setups using what I have experienced and learned along the way.

The computer on top is passively cooled and 100% silent and has a low power i3 CPU with 8GB RAM, a S-ATA 3 500MB/s SSD, 6 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0 and HDMI, DVI, VGA outputs without any bloat like wifi, bluetooth etc. It is dedicated for stereo playback and runs a 64-bit Debian Wheezy Linux with real time kernel and tuned optimizations for asynchrounous USB playback. The playback software is of course MPD. Basically it is a USB-optimized version of BDP-1 that plays back everything from a NFS4 mount to a file server via gigabit network. Storing a large music library on a central network storage is the only thing that really makes sense IMHO, so I really think BDP-1 probably missed a lot of potential users focusing on locally connected storage only.

Equipment:
- Digital transport: 64-bit Debian Linux MPD PC
- DAC: Bryston BDA-1
- Preamp: Marantz SC-11S1
- Amplifier: Bryston 4B SST²
- Power regneneration: PS Audio Power Plant P5
- Speakers: Klipsch RF-7 II

This is perhaps a somewhat unusual combination of electronics and speakers, but the Klipsch RF-7 II have blown me away sound quality wise. I have had them since they came to market and they replaced B&W 805S, and before that I had B&W 802D on Electrocompaniet AW400 and Electrocompaniet EC 4.8. If you can live with the looks and bad build quality the performance is absolutely stunning for the price.

Both the Bryston DAC and the 4B SST² amplifier is exceptional IMHO. I haven't looked elsewhere once since I got them!

However, enough talk! Here is some picture food for you!

marsboer

« Reply #1130 on: 25 Aug 2012, 06:55 pm »

marsboer

« Reply #1131 on: 25 Aug 2012, 06:55 pm »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1132 on: 25 Aug 2012, 07:27 pm »
Hi

Very very nice  :thumb:

The latest software does allow the BDP to connect remotely to a NAS.

James

Laundrew

« Reply #1133 on: 25 Aug 2012, 07:40 pm »

I have always had a soft spot for Marantz gear - it looks simply awesome  :thumb:

Be well...

Robert D

« Reply #1134 on: 25 Aug 2012, 07:41 pm »
The last few months have been most stressful in the Laundrew household as Hector had to undertake knee surgery due to torn cruciate ligaments in his knees. Approximately 15 weeks ago, he experienced a full separation of his cruciate on a Sunday. Monday we had him at the vets and if we wanted, he could of received a MRI within a couple of days. The vet said that this was not required as we knew that this problem existed.

The following Tuesday, he had an orthopaedic surgeon repair the damage. Hector's health care system is much better than us lowly humans as I know people at work who have waited for months to have this operation. The real challenge is keeping Hector inactive for his bones to heal. I am also fortunate that I can carry his 90 pound plus weight when it is required.

We thought that everything was going great until his left knee's cruciate failed and we were back at square one. Yesterday, Hector had his 23 staples removed - another milestone. Hector is restricted from using stairs and as my audio gear is downstairs in my room, , I cannot remember the last time I was sitting in front of my gear enjoying it - it has been a few months. What I have been doing is turning it on and let it play daily.

My music thirst is somewhat quenched by my computer audio as I have it next to Hector's condo - talk about a "bread and water" existence and am looking forward to dining on the fine delicacies that await from my gear downstairs.   

Hector in Hydrotherapy 10 weeks after his first operation...

Last week, after Hector's second knee surgery...

Want to hear a real "oxymoron?" An "inactive Boxer."  :duh:

Be well...
Laundrew, I feel for you…. I’m sorry to hear the News about Hector it must be very hard on Him 
I hope Hector will have fast recovery

Robert

Laundrew

« Reply #1135 on: 25 Aug 2012, 08:13 pm »
Laundrew, I feel for you…. I’m sorry to hear the News about Hector it must be very hard on Him 
I hope Hector will have fast recovery

Robert

Thank you Robert  :D

The big concern is keeping him inactive during his recovery. At least when a person receives an operation, they know better than to chase squirrels :lol:

Another consideration was that he not lick his incision and cause any infections. We could not use a cone over his head as it would of got hung-up in his condo, which would of been disastrous - and he had to be in the condo to remain inactive. So for the last couple of weeks, I have had the pleasure of sleeping on the floor beside his condo with my arm over him. Whenever he moved, he woke me up and I could prevent him from licking or help him move.

I think that I need an operation for my back  :duh: :lol:

Be well...

Ron D

« Reply #1136 on: 25 Aug 2012, 08:16 pm »
Very nice set-up and especially clean looking! I will be sure not to let me wife see these pics or my weekend will be shot :wink:

marsboer

« Reply #1137 on: 25 Aug 2012, 09:57 pm »
Hi

Very very nice  :thumb:

The latest software does allow the BDP to connect remotely to a NAS.

James

Thank you! Didn't know that BDP had NAS support now. That should make it even more useful!

mkaiser

« Reply #1138 on: 26 Aug 2012, 08:18 am »
I'm very Happy with the out come. These are my 1st pair of Subs/quote]

Paradigm's signature line is one of if not the most underrated speaker i have ever known. Glad you are enjoying your great system Robert.  :thumb:

Mark

Laundrew

« Reply #1139 on: 26 Aug 2012, 07:07 pm »
Reorganizing the closet and came across some of my old photographs - a time capsule?

Laundrew's old shortwave/antique radio resurrection bench and sometimes fire pit (Greenwood, NS).

Flying out to a crash site in a CH146, midair collision of 2 German Tornados in Labrador...

Finishing up an A/B check on a CF-18 (Comox, BC)

Be well...