BG Neo8 and Possibly Other Drivers to be Available Again

Folsom

Re: BG Neo8 and Possibly Other Drivers to be Available Again
« Reply #100 on: 22 Jul 2016, 03:17 am »
Inability to capitalize on small ventures in an efficient way to make it worth it, is a sign of poor business. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's not ideal.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #101 on: 22 Jul 2016, 03:28 am »
Since Christie Digital and PE signed agreements about carrying the BG Neo drivers, if that were the issue of competition then Christie would not have done it in the first place. 

I have a feeling it is a production problem and it will keep sliding.  Hence the reason I have cancelled my order. 

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #102 on: 22 Jul 2016, 01:15 pm »
I just got a sale catalog with a recent order showing the Neo3, 8, and 10 for sale.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #103 on: 22 Jul 2016, 01:24 pm »
Yes,
But check he website for availability.  Everything but the standard Neo3 is out of stock.  It PE had stock, since I ordered 44 Neo3-PDR's on 10 April, I should have had them by now.  No such luck.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #104 on: 22 Jul 2016, 01:43 pm »
I guess I didn't say it clearly.  :D

You are correct, Christie Digital didn't go into agreement with PE had they considered PE as competitor.
When I first talked to Christie Digital, right after they bought out BG, they were not even sure how they would proceed.
They asked all kinds of questions which in turn turned me off so I just let it go.

I think Danny is right in regard to Christie Digital dumped the old stock and you are also right regarding production.
Since Christie Digital and PE signed agreements about carrying the BG Neo drivers, if that were the issue of competition then Christie would not have done it in the first place. 

I have a feeling it is a production problem and it will keep sliding.  Hence the reason I have cancelled my order.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #105 on: 22 Jul 2016, 01:48 pm »
Hugh,
I understand what you were getting at.

Just wanted to make sure others that are interested take a hard look at the facts. 

I am hoping Danny's new planar tweeters are coming along nicely.  More power to him for his efforts.  It is a shame, the original Neo3-PDR's sound excellent, but dealing with this is more than I want to do anymore.   

jcotner

« Reply #106 on: 22 Jul 2016, 03:35 pm »
I am hoping Danny's new planar tweeters are coming along nicely. 

Based on the prototype driver I saw, I would say so.
I am not a speaker designer but an engineer and based
on what I was told I think he is addressing issues with
sound design principles.
However it will be the listening tests that validate the
design. The next time I'm over there I hope that I get
to listen to them.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #107 on: 14 Aug 2016, 12:14 am »
Latest update is 9/1/16 for Neo3-PDR and Neo10 planars at PE. 

Will be interesting to see if this date actually happens.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #108 on: 14 Aug 2016, 12:33 am »
Latest update is 9/1/16 for Neo3-PDR and Neo10 planars at PE. 

Will be interesting to see if this date actually happens.

Yes it will. That's only a couple weeks away

Captainhemo

« Reply #109 on: 14 Aug 2016, 02:15 am »
I'm afraid I'm   at  this point  :roll:
If it happens , great, if not,  not much of a surprise

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #110 on: 14 Aug 2016, 02:17 am »
Jay,
Feel the same way.  Just curious about what Christie Digital finally does, and does it perform like the originals.

Captainhemo

« Reply #111 on: 14 Aug 2016, 06:36 pm »
Jay,
Feel the same way.  Just curious about what Christie Digital finally does, and does it perform like the originals.

Rich, that last post wasn't  in reference to any of  your posts,   rather the same old  merry go round  of Christie

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #112 on: 14 Aug 2016, 06:43 pm »
Jay,
Gotcha.

Rich

bdp24

« Reply #113 on: 14 Aug 2016, 08:01 pm »
Some of the guys over at the Planar Speaker Asylum Forum have found the new versions to have somewhat different responses (frequency, waterfall plot, resonance, dispersion) than the old, and for the worse.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #114 on: 14 Aug 2016, 08:05 pm »
There was a company making a clone of the Neo8 and it did not measure anything like a Neo8.

That is what I was worried about.  Glad I got NOS Neo10's when I could.  Would still like to get a few spares.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #115 on: 14 Aug 2016, 11:30 pm »
Some of the guys over at the Planar Speaker Asylum Forum have found the new versions to have somewhat different responses (frequency, waterfall plot, resonance, dispersion) than the old, and for the worse.

Please show thread where someone said that the latest Neo 8s were different from the old ones.  I do see where they don't like the knockoffs (clones made for Madisound).  The Neo 8 that is being released now "should be" the same as what they sold before.  Why would they make a new one when the old one was not broke.  The clone is a cheap driver that Madisound had made after the Neo 8s were no longer being sold.  They are dumping them now that the real Neo 8 is back......at least I hope the "real" Neo 8 is back.

HAL

• Industry Contributor

bdp24

« Reply #117 on: 15 Aug 2016, 03:23 am »
Yup HAL, that's the thread. Satie and some of the other guys have been using the original NEO3, 8, and 10's in DIY designs of their own for about five years or so. I believe it is not knock-offs they are discussing, but the new "real" production samples being sold by Parts Express, the current sole U.S distributor of the BG NEO drivers.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #118 on: 15 Aug 2016, 08:44 am »
Yup HAL, that's the thread. Satie and some of the other guys have been using the original NEO3, 8, and 10's in DIY designs of their own for about five years or so. I believe it is not knock-offs they are discussing, but the new "real" production samples being sold by Parts Express, the current sole U.S distributor of the BG NEO drivers.

I certainly can read and I see no mention of measuring the just released Neo 8 and comparing to the old Neo 8.....they are all talking about the clone (knockoff)....or maybe I cannot read....or maybe it is buried somewhere.  But I see no mention of testing the latest Neo 8.....please show me the exact quote.   I do see a mention of released specs on the clone and how it compares with specs on the Neo 8 but no one has even measured the clones yet!

bdp24

« Reply #119 on: 15 Aug 2016, 05:49 pm »
I'll see if I can find it Ric. I hope the new ones are fine---I have plans for some!