What's up Peeps?

wje

What's up Peeps?
« on: 25 Jul 2010, 03:27 pm »
Now, that we've all been recluse to the insides of our homes drinking bottled water by the caseload in attempts to stay cool, what about a mid-August concert?

I see Keb' Mo' is playing at the Birchmere on August 18th and 19th (Wednesday &  Thursday evenings, respectively).  I thought I'd throw a bone out to see if some others from the circle here might be going to the show?

Yesterday was nuts ... I started early, but applied asphalt sealer to my driveway and cut the grass.  Fortunately, I was done by 10:30 or so in the morning.  I decided to reward myself in the evening by heading over to the State theater.  I saw the Marshall Tucker Band.  The show was good.  I guess how can one go wrong with live and loud southern rock?  Fortunately, they sell Firefly at the bar, so some good ol' sweet tea flavored vodka fit well with the music.

Enjoy!

ricmon

Re: What's up Peeps?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2010, 04:00 pm »
Keb' Mo'  sounds good but I'm on limited funds so I going to use my dollars to see Public Enemy at the 9:30 next month.

Ric

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2010, 02:14 pm »
Eilen Jewell is playing the Iota Sat. Sept 4 (I caught her last show there several months back) and it is not expensive

http://www.eilenjewell.com/

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2010, 01:16 pm »
Eilen Jewell was fabulous.  Tonight at the Jammin' Java:

"Celebrate Labor Day weekend with a tribute to The Boss! Todd Wright, Anthony Fiacco, Shane Hines and Luke Brindley pay tribute to the heartland rock, pop hooks and poetic lyrics of Bruce Springsteen. You'll hear some of the songs that earned Springsteen his 20 GRAMMY awards alongside originals from 4 of D.C.'s own singer/songwriters. It's an intimate, stripped-down setting, with the best local musicians sharing stories and playing Springsteen songs and their own. And you don't even have to wake up and go to work Monday morning!"