Linked Events

• Capital Audiofest: 20 Feb 2016

2016 Capital Audiofest

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: 2016 Capital Audiofest
« Reply #80 on: 23 Jun 2016, 02:09 am »
Very generous Scott.  For those that don't know him, Scott is one of the good guys in audio, couldn't recommend him more highly.  However I have to put my facilitator hat on and mention that the 20% off part is riding the thin edge of promoting on the community circles.  But I'm inclined to view it as a simple statement of fact, valuable information given by an AC member.  So unless there's some sort of outcry from members or admins it stays.  Helps that it comes with free stuff, we love free stuff.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #81 on: 23 Jun 2016, 02:11 pm »
Letitroll, you can erase that part if it's a problem. I thought I was steering clear of trouble by not naming any products in the post except for the giveaway.  Not trying to be a troublemaker!

pelliott321

« Reply #82 on: 23 Jun 2016, 04:45 pm »
Anyway we are 14 days away and just wanted to pass out some info
All rooms are sold out and only a couple tables are open in the Marketplace
also almost all Lecture slots are filled and I will publish the final schedule in a day or two
The $12k system giveaway is still set plus a couple other raffles are set too.
Lots of new (for CAF) vendors this year so it should be a great show
http://capitalaudiofest.com/

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #83 on: 23 Jun 2016, 07:40 pm »
Letitroll, you can erase that part if it's a problem. I thought I was steering clear of trouble by not naming any products in the post except for the giveaway.  Not trying to be a troublemaker!

No worries Scott, I thought the not mentioning any products was also in your favor, just didn't put it in my post.  My decision stands, the post is approved unless vetoed by the powers that be.  The fact that you're never a troublemaker also weighs in on your side.  Pays to be polite and well mannered, see you at the show.

dB Cooper

« Reply #84 on: 24 Jun 2016, 01:05 am »
I had impressions made yesterday for custom sleeves for my Shure IEM's and got into a conversation with the audiologist about the show. She got a table and will be making impressions at the show as well as giving a presentation on hearing health. If you've been considering custom tips, or have questions about hearing health/preservation, find her at the show. I don't want to even skirt the understandings here about promoting in non commercial parts of the site, so I will just say that I am offering a recommendation as a satisfied customer only and, having done this three times now, I can tell you not all audiologists "grok" the requirements of audiophiles and/or IEM type devices. This one does, and if you are near the Baltimore/WDC metro area, PM me if you'd like contact info. If not local to the area, the show might be a good opportunity to have the impressions done. I assume further details will be available through official show channels shortly.

Also glad to see Mark Waldrep back, and recommend his presentation on hi-res audio.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #85 on: 24 Jun 2016, 02:01 am »
Oh no Coop, there's absolutely no restrictions for regular members like yourself regarding promoting anything or anyone, commence to promotin' away.  It's only Industry Participants that can't promote their own products.

Getting excited about CAF, I'm set on making it on time Saturday morning, I usually goof around and get there at noon, or 1.  This year I'm going to maximize my time.  Are you headed to Canmania straight off?

dB Cooper

« Reply #86 on: 24 Jun 2016, 12:10 pm »
My usual plan is to start off with headphones and concentrate on those on day one while the speaker based vendors are getting their rooms 'dialed in'. (No acoustics or placement problems for the 'cans' guys!) I will make a quick overall sweep of the show though to get an idea of which rooms I want to come back and listen to in-depth. (You'd almost think I was a customer, not just a tire-kicker, huh?) This year I'm likely to skip rooms whose products I'm already familiar with just because I'm tired of reading show reports and thinking, "What?!?!?? I didn't make it to that room!"

Earlier in this thread I read that CanMania was sparsely booked so it may not keep me occupied as long. Hope there are some latecomers. It was a little disappointing last time though in that, although it was big, it looked like a sea of HD800, Audeze and Hifiman, pretty much the same stuff at almost every table. There's lots more headphones out there.

Sorry to see that Salk, VanAlstine, and Philharmonic are apparently all missing the show this year.

Last year there was some conversation about making up some audiocircle nametags and leaving them at one of the entry tables so we could recognize each other and put faces with our names. There used to be a link to buy Audiocircle T shirts but I can't find it now.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2016, 01:15 pm by dB Cooper »

willsw

• Industry Participant
« Reply #87 on: 24 Jun 2016, 03:30 pm »
We're showing with one of our dealers at the table and in one room, Care Audio, who will be wanting to have the headphones they sell -HiFiMAN and Audeze - but we'll also have the ZMF & LTA Omni LE, and I'll ask about bringing a couple other headphones. Even if you don't see them on the table, you can give me a nod and I can pull out some Ether-Cs or the Fostex TH-X00.

dB Cooper

« Reply #88 on: 24 Jun 2016, 05:18 pm »
Thanks  Will. I hope the Sine and EL-8 (open version) will be available somewhere. They're on my Listen List (I'm a C&C audiophool. )

willsw

• Industry Participant
« Reply #89 on: 25 Jun 2016, 06:29 pm »
Thanks  Will. I hope the Sine and EL-8 (open version) will be available somewhere. They're on my Listen List (I'm a C&C audiophool. )

EL-8 Open you say? I don't know if those were part of the "re-voicing" they recently did, but I can bring along a set about a year old. No dealer clash necessary!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #90 on: 25 Jun 2016, 07:09 pm »
Come & join us for a libation! Bring your music!

Cheers,
Pete

« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2016, 04:02 pm by Triode Pete »

dB Cooper

« Reply #91 on: 25 Jun 2016, 10:51 pm »
EL-8 Open you say? I don't know if those were part of the "re-voicing" they recently did, but I can bring along a set about a year old. No dealer clash necessary!
Great!

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #92 on: 3 Jul 2016, 06:17 pm »
There are many lecture speakers this time around.

dB Cooper

« Reply #93 on: 4 Jul 2016, 02:09 am »
I like that. I'm familiar with two of them: One is audio engineer Mark Waldrep, whose presentations on Hi Def/Hi-Res Audio are always informative; and the other is audiologist Pam Mason, who is coming to the show (after hearing about it from yours truly when I got ear impressions done about ten days ago) to give two talks on hearing health and do ear impressions at her table. If you've been considering having custom sleeves or CIEM's made, seek her out; this would be great timing. Pam is capable, fun to work with, and knows what audiophiles need from a set of impressions. Headphone and 'personal audio' people especially should benefit (speaker people often get 'input' from family members or neighbors before things get hazardous).

I hope to have my sleeves and impression molds in time for the show and will try to make myself known for anybody who is curious and wants to see what these things look like.

Several vinyl-oriented presentations appeal to the 'spinners' (and it seems like there is more vinyl presence this year than the last couple.)

Show less than a week away!

dB Cooper

« Reply #94 on: 8 Jul 2016, 02:24 am »
So, who all's gonna be there?
I'll be wearing this. If you see me, feel free to say hello, and have a great show regardless of whether we cross paths or not!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #95 on: 8 Jul 2016, 02:30 am »
HAL is already here with mix4fix.  Just had dinner.

Will have gear in both the GT Audioworks room 242 and DCAudioDIY room 218 as well.  Stop by both for a listen when you get a chance to say hello and bring music. 

dB Cooper

« Reply #96 on: 8 Jul 2016, 09:13 am »
GT Audioworks was already on my Hit list; will be by.

DTB300

« Reply #97 on: 8 Jul 2016, 08:48 pm »
Lot of good sounding rooms this year and nice to see Market Place populated.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #98 on: 8 Jul 2016, 11:17 pm »
Woo hoo!  Packin' the bag tonite, headed down tomorrow AM.  If you see me I'll be the balding older fat guy with bluejeans....wait, that's all of us.  Never mind.

*Scotty*

« Reply #99 on: 8 Jul 2016, 11:33 pm »
Which balding older fatguy would that be? A more specific description is needed before we can issue a BOLO.
Your compliance would be aporeciated.
Scotty