A Special Anniversary Thank You

floresjc

A Special Anniversary Thank You
« on: 20 Mar 2014, 11:33 pm »
I received my Salks (HT2-TL's, SongTowers and custom Rythmik sub) in 2009 after I returned from Afghanistan. This year marks my final trip back to the war, and also, the 5th year I've owned my Salks.

Jim has since modified the basic speakers I bought (with RAAL tweeters and so forth), but his originals remain as dear to me as ever. He's even offered dual passive radiators as a standard product since he completed mine, which I believe was the first such sub he ever attempted.

So to make this quick, I just want to express my sincere appreciation to Jim and his team, for providing my family 5 years of high level speaker performance. As I sit here listening to the latest hits for my wife to put on her playlist, she is expressing how great these things (SongTowers) sound, compared to songs she has heard just in the car. She says its a whole new world, and indeed it is. Granted, a Honda Odyssey is not a great measuring stick, but the sentiment is there, especially for a woman who gave me so much grief over purchasing something like this 5 years ago.

I think you converted her Jim!

floresjc

Re: A Special Anniversary Thank You
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2014, 11:35 pm »
Now I just need to work on her for a set of Salk Silks, or even better, SS8's. I'm just running out of rooms to put speakers in.

floresjc

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2014, 11:44 pm »
Well and I'll throw in a comment for his customer service for posterity. Being on the other side of the world, I must have called Jim at all kinds of weird times when the phone was available. And we had some pretty lengthy conversations about design advantages of various subs (ported, sealed, passive radiator). So this wasn't Jim taking an order and moving on. Somewhere in there I bought some used HT3's, which FedEx dropped, and then sent to Jim to see if they could be repaired (they could not) and eventually I transferred that order into what I ended up with.

Jim is all kinds of helpful, prospective buyers!

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2014, 10:38 am »
Happy anniversary.  I have been enjoying my Salk's for 6-7 years now.  Jim is a class act and makes excellent speakers to boot.
Thanks for your service and return home safe and sound.

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2014, 10:57 am »
Hi,

I remember your posts back in 2009 and the decision to purchase a pair of Salk Sound HT2TL's.  I'm glad that your still really enjoying them.

Cheers Rod