JBL L65 Jubal clone build

Briansilcox

JBL L65 Jubal clone build
« on: 19 Apr 2023, 07:40 pm »
Hi all,  first post this circle...

Have acquired a pair of each:  JBL 2213 12 in woofers, LE 5-2 midrange, and 075 bullet tweeters.  Plan is to build enclosure close to L65 specs.  I have three schematics for the various versions of the crossover, looking to see if anyone has experience with crossover design, maybe PCBs for such crossover.  Planning 800, 7000 range for crossover points.

When I built larger 4333 clones, I got lucky and found a set of boards I simply populated per instructions, which worked perfectly. 

Thx.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: JBL L65 Jubal clone build
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2023, 11:52 pm »
Hi all,  first post this circle...

Have acquired a pair of each:  JBL 2213 12 in woofers, LE 5-2 midrange, and 075 bullet tweeters.  Plan is to build enclosure close to L65 specs.  I have three schematics for the various versions of the crossover, looking to see if anyone has experience with crossover design, maybe PCBs for such crossover.  Planning 800, 7000 range for crossover points.

When I built larger 4333 clones, I got lucky and found a set of boards I simply populated per instructions, which worked perfectly. 

Thx.
My unsolicited advice is avoid PCBs if possible,
solder the component leads to connect the parts,
less cost and fewer connections.

Briansilcox

Re: JBL L65 Jubal clone build
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2023, 01:10 am »
That is fine, I can see your point...