Nuprime dac 10 preamp section

alfau7

Nuprime dac 10 preamp section
« on: 14 Jan 2018, 12:20 am »
Hi there,
Was wondering how good is the preamp section of the nuprime  dac 10? Does anybody has compared with another preamp or is using a better separate preamp ? How much would cost a better preamp? I know is very good  but how good?
Thank you for your responses

Genez

Re: Nuprime dac 10 preamp section
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2018, 05:41 pm »
Its volume control is world renown. 

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2018, 12:55 am »
I have bee using in my system very good units from professional SPL, Volume 2 and 2 Control, in my experience and based also on good reviews they are terrific unis transparent with neutral but no harsh sound, together with my Odyssey amplifiers. Nuprime DAC-9 and 10 as DACs

Well, just before yearend and just to keep the light alive of the always present quest for better sound I put aside these units and tried NuPrime DAC-10 as DAC/pre and also the DAC-9, what I found was a more transparent and revealing sound, could say brighter yes but ina good way, really, I lifted up a thin veil but one that without it allowed me to better perceive details, ambient and have a more trasparent and immediate feel of music.

You should try, I was very pleased. Just for the record my main target is always value, price-performance and those DACs perform lovely.

in1unison

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2018, 04:37 pm »
In my listening experience one would have to spend upwards of USD 3000 for a separate preamp to beat DAC-10 preamp section.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2018, 06:36 pm »
One of the reasons people like preamps as opposed to not having a preamp is there is more punch and dynamic range to the music. Late last night I was listening at a very moderate level and I couldn’t believe how much dynamic range I was hearing at a volume more suited for background listening. I love my DAC-10 and everything about it.

alfau7

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2018, 11:28 pm »
Thank you guys for your replies, you know how is this lovely hobby, sometimes you need others opinions to value what you have, if I need to spend 3000 your better this preamp, I'm find with this! I will better invest to improve my amp!
Regards

rustydoglim

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2018, 08:17 pm »
I have been saying that DAC chips are getting to the point of diminishing return (ESS 9018, 9028, 9038  are all sounding the same and we find 9018 sounded the most appealing), and the other parts of the product has become the differentiating factor.