Nuprime amp hum

albocan

Nuprime amp hum
« on: 26 Apr 2021, 04:17 pm »
Hello:

Is it normal for the buzzing that occurs when you bring your ear closer to the speaker tweeter when the speakers are in standby without playing music through the amplifier while it is on?

The sound, a kind of Ssssssssss, is felt when bringing the ear close to the tweeter, but at a normal distance it is almost imperceptible. I have tried it with an STA9 and with an AMG STA and the same thing happens in both.

I have noticed that with my AV Marantz the same does not happen.

Dint

Re: Nuprime amp hum
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2021, 07:01 pm »
Would you say hiss or buzz?

dpatters

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2021, 07:12 pm »
PI Audio UberBuss would take care of that.

albocan

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2021, 09:06 pm »
Would you say hiss or buzz?

I'd say it's a hiss ...

djbnh

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2021, 09:34 pm »
Hello:

Is it normal for the buzzing that occurs when you bring your ear closer to the speaker tweeter when the speakers are in standby without playing music through the amplifier while it is on?

The sound, a kind of Ssssssssss, is felt when bringing the ear close to the tweeter, but at a normal distance it is almost imperceptible. I have tried it with an STA9 and with an AMG STA and the same thing happens in both.

I have noticed that with my AV Marantz the same does not happen.
Ozark Mountain Audio company upgrades NuPrime components, including reducing noise levels - might give them a call: https://www.mytdss.com/upgrade-pricing

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2021, 02:44 am »
Your amp should be dead quiet.

albocan

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2021, 03:11 am »
Your amp should be dead quiet.

The sound or Hiss is not felt. In fact I could say that my amp is pretty quiet. This sound is only perceived when bringing the ear closer to the speaker's tweeter within 5cm of it. In fact, my question goes in that direction, I want to know if this sound is normal or not.

JackD

« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2021, 03:25 am »
No amp is dead silent if you put your ear right up to the tweeter.  It does have electricity running through it after all. You don't listen that way.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2021, 03:48 am »
My Pass amp and BAT preamp are quiet, no hiss.  My friends Parasound JC preamp and PSA mono blocks cause no hiss.  But some gear does hiss.

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2021, 09:28 pm »
It depends on the sensitivity of your tweeter, and it is normal to hear switching noise when you put your ear so close to it.
The performance of Nuprime hybrid class D amp is so high that to match the same sound quality with dead quiet class A amp, you would have to pay many times more.