Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!

ricmon

Re: Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!
« Reply #80 on: 3 May 2019, 03:15 pm »

Project RM9.1

PierreB

« Reply #81 on: 3 May 2019, 03:37 pm »
Project RM9.1

Very nice.
All the TT in this thread are nice.  :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #82 on: 3 May 2019, 08:17 pm »
Hey!

Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference Turntable. This one was made by the original company likely around 1972-73 before it was licensed to J A Michell which continued to make this until 1977. I picked this one up back in early 2011. It was not meant to be a replacement for the Rega Planar 2 of which I was using then and bought it new back in 1997. I just like the look of it, an audio "objet d'art" But after I put it in my system especially after I got the SME 3009 II improved tonearm, later I added SME tonearm fluid damper also, I like it better than the Rega Planar 2. So it has been in my system since. Well, I still have the Planar 2 of which I will sell it soon since I don't really use it now.

This one is by no mean in mint condition. But it cleaned up nicely and spinning fine at 33 1/3 with great speed stability, pretty amazing after all this years. Although lately when I change to 45 it seem a bit slow. Not sure why since 33 1/3 is fine. I will have to look in to it. Perhaps time to change those resistors and caps in there. The motor still good but this is the biggest worry for me, I'm keeping my eyes for a replacement.

Anyway, those pics above where taken back in 2011. After 8 years of use I just gave it a good cleaning again last month, with new belt, new foam pads, oil and silicone fluid. And here's a video of it in action, click on the picture of the link next to it....

Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference. , on Flickr

Here's link to my Flickr album if you are interested in seeing more of this table and the clean up process...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/8309248@N06/2Jp4k1

Buddy

Scott F.

« Reply #83 on: 3 May 2019, 09:10 pm »
Always loved the looks of that table Buddy.
Nice score!

stlrman

« Reply #84 on: 3 May 2019, 09:32 pm »
Now that’s audio jewelry!!! :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #85 on: 3 May 2019, 09:33 pm »
Wow you analog folks have some clean, classy looking rigs  :thumb:

toocool4

« Reply #86 on: 4 May 2019, 09:00 pm »
So ajzepp can we tempt you to the dark side?  :lol:

xsb7244

« Reply #87 on: 4 May 2019, 11:11 pm »
No parts to be found, the Transcriptor will always be a work of art.  To be displayed forever working or not.

PierreB

« Reply #88 on: 5 May 2019, 02:52 am »
Hey!

Here's link to my Flickr album if you are interested in seeing more of this table and the clean up process...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/8309248@N06/2Jp4k1

Buddy

Your Transcriptor is very nice.
Also great photos.  :thumb:

SunnyDay

« Reply #89 on: 5 May 2019, 04:28 am »

This is my Yamaha GT 2000 turntable, which is a Direct Drive table made by Micro Seiki for Yamaha in the late 70s to early 80s. I have changed out the original tonearm with a SAEC 308SX. It has a Yamaha YOP-1, an external power supply for the motor. It also has a YAB-1, yamaha anchor block, and a copper platter. It took me several years to chase down all the upgrade accessories for the table, and now my quest is completed. :)

putz

« Reply #90 on: 5 May 2019, 06:04 am »

VPI Aries 1 with original platter, Terrastone feet, Vas Nova Cartridge

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #91 on: 5 May 2019, 04:56 pm »

This is my Yamaha GT 2000 turntable, which is a Direct Drive table made by Micro Seiki for Yamaha in the late 70s to early 80s. I have changed out the original tonearm with a SAEC 308SX. It has a Yamaha YOP-1, an external power supply for the motor. It also has a YAB-1, yamaha anchor block, and a copper platter. It took me several years to chase down all the upgrade accessories for the table, and now my quest is completed. :)
I've never even seen a picture of a Yamaha with a copper platter.  Very cool looking!  Is that a custom one off?

AWDMK4

« Reply #92 on: 5 May 2019, 05:20 pm »
All I can say is WOW!  :o  I haven't owned a turntable in 32 years and decided to build a dedicated setup by starting with some well kept, reasonable used equipment (looking at a B&O 5913 to start).  By the looks of the systems in this forum, I have a ton to learn but excited about this new (old) hobby.  :thumb:

SunnyDay

« Reply #93 on: 5 May 2019, 08:14 pm »
Yamaha did sell an accessory gun metal platter called YGT-1. It’s rarely for sale even in Japan. I have bidded on a few,  it always lost out. Eventually I contacted a metal fabricator and commissioned him to make one out of copper using my aluminum platter as a reference.

Wayner

« Reply #94 on: 5 May 2019, 09:10 pm »

orthobiz

« Reply #95 on: 14 May 2019, 01:12 am »
Those Empires are the coolest in my opinion. Yours is in great condition!

Paul

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum

SET Man

« Reply #97 on: 19 May 2019, 02:40 am »

Hey!

Now I see what you've been busy with. Good choice on the copper platter, look pretty too. Which cart you have on there?  :D

Buddy

jhm731

« Reply #98 on: 19 May 2019, 03:24 am »

blakep

« Reply #99 on: 22 Jun 2019, 12:58 am »