Reviews of Cherry Amps

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
Re: Reviews of Cherry Amps
« Reply #20 on: 8 Sep 2010, 03:20 pm »
Just finished reading the review. Comparing a Cherry Jr. favorably to Spectron Musician III Mk2 SE monos w/Bybee upgrades is quite impressive. Congrats!

jzexport

« Reply #21 on: 8 Sep 2010, 08:46 pm »
Just finished reading the review. Comparing a Cherry Jr. favorably to Spectron Musician III Mk2 SE monos w/Bybee upgrades is quite impressive. Congrats!

Amen!

jbtrio

« Reply #22 on: 2 Oct 2010, 04:17 pm »
Just read the Stereo Times review. Clement gave your amp high praise! Congratulations, Tommy your amps are very good.  Hope you get busy with orders!

Best of Luck,
Joe

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Stereo Times review of Cherry PLUS
« Reply #23 on: 2 Oct 2010, 06:19 pm »
Cherry PLUS review in Stereo Times (thanks, Clememt):
http://www.stereotimes.com/amp093010.shtml

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Stereo Times review of Cherry PLUS
« Reply #24 on: 2 Oct 2010, 08:22 pm »
Cherry PLUS review in Stereo Times (thanks, Clememt):

Just read the StereoTimes review,,, congrates Tommy.  :thumb:  It seems like just yesterday that all you were doing was selling on Ebay. Today you have your own AC Circle and a few well respected reviews under your belt. Not too shabby Tommy and well deserved.  :thumb:   :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

watercourse

« Reply #25 on: 2 Oct 2010, 11:24 pm »
The reviewer buys the Plus and gives it his recommendation for Most Wanted Component of the Year? Not bad, not bad at all Tommy!
I have to hand it to both Clement Perry and Alvester Garrett - they really got the description of the sound and the compelling nature of the Plus correct. I'd also add that there is a liquidity, ease, and warmth to the sound that is really special, that was also a characteristic of the Jr. These amps just make you want to listen to music.
It was also interesting to see that their observations about the Plus' bass output and quality was similar to mine - I had to adjust back my subwoofer volume and crossover settings from what I had with the Jr. For all you 4800A and Jr. owners - could you ever imagine that there could be better bass performance??? Well, listen to the Plus - it's got the backfield motion in spades PLUS overall finesse, dynamics, tone and texture - my kinda amp!

Wilson

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: Stereo Times review of Cherry PLUS
« Reply #26 on: 3 Oct 2010, 04:19 am »

Just read the StereoTimes review,,, congrates Tommy.  :thumb:  It seems like just yesterday that all you were doing was selling on Ebay. Today you have your own AC Circle and a few well respected reviews under your belt. Not too shabby Tommy and well deserved.  :thumb:   :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Thanks, Robin!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #27 on: 3 Oct 2010, 04:23 am »
The reviewer buys the Plus and gives it his recommendation for Most Wanted Component of the Year? Not bad, not bad at all Tommy!
I have to hand it to both Clement Perry and Alvester Garrett - they really got the description of the sound and the compelling nature of the Plus correct. I'd also add that there is a liquidity, ease, and warmth to the sound that is really special, that was also a characteristic of the Jr. These amps just make you want to listen to music.
It was also interesting to see that their observations about the Plus' bass output and quality was similar to mine - I had to adjust back my subwoofer volume and crossover settings from what I had with the Jr. For all you 4800A and Jr. owners - could you ever imagine that there could be better bass performance??? Well, listen to the Plus - it's got the backfield motion in spades PLUS overall finesse, dynamics, tone and texture - my kinda amp!

Wilson

Wilson,

You have been an exceptional customer and supporter.  It's people like you that make audio fun.  Thanks for the kind words.

Best Regards,
Tommy

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #28 on: 4 Oct 2010, 02:43 am »

Nice review Tommy....congrats! :beer:

You even got a "fancy star"...... :rock:

I hope more people get to hear your amps..... :thumb:

watercourse

« Reply #29 on: 4 Oct 2010, 06:25 pm »
Thanks Tommy, for showing 'em how it's done. Congrats again!  :D

Bassphil

« Reply #30 on: 19 Oct 2010, 03:43 pm »
That happens to be the review that got me to thinking about buying a Cherry Plus in the first place- Alvester mentions me in his half of the review :-)

As a follow up to that article, I'd like to add some information. I just took my Cherry Plus over to Alvester's house last week to hear it in his system again, and we were both surprised at how much better it sounded than the one that he had for that review. As you can see in the review, everyone loved that amp. With mine, though, it was better all around, especially in the bass department.

I emailed Tommy about that, and the only thing we can figure out is: 1- I have a different transformer, 2- that first amp might not of had the mother board upgrades that I have, and 3- I have different binding posts. Mine are the all gold looking WBT's where as that review sample had the posts with the plastic covers.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad that I waited to get mine!

-Phil
www.philpalombi.com

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #31 on: 9 Jun 2019, 04:34 pm »
For the record, there are probably more than 100 Cherry Amp and DAC reviews on this newer thread by now:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=127654.0

Adding some new reviews there today....
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2019, 03:22 pm by AmpDesigner333 »