New Bulb

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Bulb
« on: 27 Dec 2002, 03:00 am »
Whew!  The new projector bulb showed up today.  Man, a few days w/no TV is rough!  Not regular shows, but no football, X-Box, movies, etc.

Definately should order an extra to go with this one...

bubba966

New Bulb
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2002, 03:02 am »
Rob, didja have any idea why your bulb blew? Seems like an uncommon occurance, especially for a fairly new projector.

What's a replacement bulb cost for your Piano? Are they as nasty expensive as most CRT& LCD bulbs are?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Bulb
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2002, 03:08 am »
Well, the new bulbs are only $265, really cheap by the going standards.  But not cheap for <500 hours...

Still don't know if we'll be charged for the bulb; the good folks at PlusCorp Fed Ex'd the bulb out with instructions to return the old one for examination.  They said if we did have to pay anything we'd settle up later, which works for me.  About has to be defective, no bulb could crap out that fast, providing it isn't abused.  And we definately treated it well.  At any rate, they turned that bulb around pretty fast; had X-mas in there or we'd have had it in a day or two.

Just installing it now...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Bulb
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2002, 03:50 am »
Well, the new bulb is in and the balcony is open!

bubba966

New Bulb
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2002, 07:14 am »
$265 is a damn good price for bulbs. Seems that a "cheap" replacement for a FP is at least twice that.

But your right, less than 500 hours on it isn't very good. Hopefully it was just a defective bulb, and not something in the projector that blew it.

Seems to me that if bulbs are only $265 that a backup would be useful if you plan on keeping it for awhile. I'm sure you don't want to be stuck with Mech Assault & no display again... :cuss:

bubba966

New Bulb
« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2003, 04:52 am »
So Rob, how's the new bulb doing compared to the old one? Didn't you just mention you've got about 100 hours left on it? How many hours are they supposed to last?

Bulbs are definitely one thing I'm happy I don't have to cough up $ for yet...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Bulb
« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2003, 03:03 am »
Up around 950 hrs right now; the bulb is supposed to last 1000.  And I haven't ordered a new one yet! :o  :lol:   But I will pretty soon.  For now I've been using it pretty sparingly, not so much as a concious preservation measure but just more into music of late.  But I have watched a few movies over the last couple days.  I feel the itch coming on again.  I'll need a new bulb for football season anyway; I'm dying to watch the Vikes win the superbowl on the big screen! :mrgreen:   (I am a sci fi fan after all! :lol: