Big Tall Tenderfoot?

Escott1377

Big Tall Tenderfoot?
« on: 21 Oct 2015, 11:03 am »
I own a VPI Classic 1.  If I purchase the option above, do I need to remove the stock feet from the player?

Please let me know and thanks.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Big Tall Tenderfoot?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2015, 01:12 pm »
Being free-standing, Big Tall Tenderfoot isolation feet are quite versatile regarding placement. They can be placed alongside the stock feet or arranged in any configuration that works best for you. Removing the stock feet provides even more versatility with placement but isn't at all necessary.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

advanced101

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2015, 01:41 pm »
The Big Tall Tenderfeet are 1.02" in height.  Not sure which feet you opted for on your Classic 1 but they are going to be higher than 1.02". 

Unless, you plan on putting them under the stock feet, which seems dangerous.

Remember, removing the stock feet will disable your ability to level the table, at the table level.  You will want to make sure your shelf/ platform/ rack/ etc. is naturally level.

Escott1377

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2015, 01:55 pm »
The Big Tall Tenderfeet are 1.02" in height.  Not sure which feet you opted for on your Classic 1 but they are going to be higher than 1.02". 

Unless, you plan on putting them under the stock feet, which seems dangerous.

Remember, removing the stock feet will disable your ability to level the table, at the table level.  You will want to make sure your shelf/ platform/ rack/ etc. is naturally level.

I plan on buying a 2" maple block for underneath the table.  Is it better to just isolate the table?  My VPI feet look like about 1 1/4" - tough to get to them on my stand.

Walking around in my loft (where my stereo is) is beginning to trickle into the sound.

Thanks!

advanced101

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2015, 02:01 pm »
The maple blocks are highly recommended in the VPI community.  Personally, I would use the tender feet between your stand and maple block.   Then place your TT on the maple block. 

It will help with your footfall issues, although it might not completely eliminate the issues.  If you still have issues you could upgrade your TT feet to the VPI HRX Feet.

Not sure if you know but VPI has forums with a ton of informative info: http://vpiindustries.com/forum/index.php

Escott1377

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2015, 02:04 pm »
The maple blocks are highly recommended in the VPI community.  Personally, I would use the Tall tender feet between your stand and maple block.   Then place your TT on the maple block. 

It will help with your footfall issues, although it might not completely eliminate the issues.  If you still have issues you could upgrade your TT feet.

Not sure if you know but VPI has forums with a ton of informative info: http://vpiindustries.com/forum/index.php

That's a much easier route.  Thank you for your suggestions.