Has any one tried PSVANE ACME line of tubes for Lampizator?

sleep_fox

I am particularly interested in ACME 274B, 300B and 2A3. Thanks.

Tomy2Tone

Are these new? I haven't heard any of them but for my Atlantic I prefer a Sophia Electric Aqua 274b over a WE 274b. For the price the SE Blue is pretty great but you got me interested in these ACME tubes.

sleep_fox

Too bad I don't own Lampizator Big 7 any more. Lampi are great in finding out what is the better DHT's.

And yes ACME are new series launched last year. There have been some positive experiences.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Sleep_fox,

Have you heard or read of any 6SN7 or KT88 PSVANE ACME reviews/impressions?

Thanks,

Michael 

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
I wonder how the ACME 300b compares to the Takatsuki 300b and the Elrog 300b, those seem to be the best current productions tubes right now.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2019, 09:52 pm by Tyson »

sleep_fox

Sleep_fox,

Have you heard or read of any 6SN7 or KT88 PSVANE ACME reviews/impressions?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi, they only have 274B, 2A3, 300B, 845, 211, 805 in the ACME lineup. I once asked if they are planning to release other model, especially 205D which I am very interested in, but no definite answer so far.

Tomy2Tone

Any update here on these acme tubes and Lampi? Been eyeing the 274b to try in my Atlantic but may have to wait after the new year.

unitygain

I’m trying the new Psvane Acme 274b with my GL Kt77s in the Atlantic Trp. Been out of town for a while and will update you on my findings when I get some more time with the new rectifier. Initial impressions are favorable.

chaccone

i have the acme 845 for 3-4 months.  Given a choice i won't buy it again because it is not reliable.  One tube starting to give me problems and developed into more serious issues causing my speaker to emit loud cracking noise continuously.   At the price they are charging I would have expected better reliability.  so maybe you want to wait longer before buying, hopefully they will clean up their act first.

Tomy2Tone

Thanks for the post chaccone. I've been debating for the longest time about the ACME 845 tube for my Melody amp but hearing about reliability issues again scares me away.

The ACME 274b on the other hand is a possibility for my Atlantic but have still never heard any feedback on that tube.

shadowlight

Re: Has any one tried PSVANE ACME line of tubes for Lampizator?
« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2020, 06:43 pm »
If you take a look at the TRP and Lampi Tube rolling thread on WBF forum.  There are bunch of folks who have positive experience.  I do have a 274b but I have not tried it in the Lampi gear yet, since I am using it in my 2a3 SET amp along with Acme 2a3 tubes.

adamaley

The Psvane Acme 300b are my favorite output tube in my GG2. I've used the following output tubes in my DAC- KR PX4, 242, RK PX25, RK 300b, Elrog 300b.

I also rank the Acme 274b on a second tier with the GEC U52 but behind the WE 422A. I've tried numerous rectifiers including the Tak 274B, which was disappointing in my system but many consider to be top tier, which highlights how system dependent and subjective all this is.

I have a Tesla AD1n pair incoming as well as a WE 274A rectifier. These may shakeup the rankings.

kernelbob

I have a Psvane Acme 274B meshplate rectifier on order for my Lampi Pacific DAC.  It should arrive sometime the week of 5/11.  I also have a quad of 300B-98B meshplate output tubes coming for the Pacific DAC.  I've been using the KR PX4 output tubes and 5U4G.  I'll post impressions asap.

Robert

kernelbob

Both the set of 300B-98B and the 274B rectifier arrived today.  I installed the 300B meshplate tubes in the Pacific DAC, and let them settle in for a few hours. Compared to the KR-PX4, the 300B is cleaner on the top and has more "punch" to dynamics across the frequency band.  Importantly, the microphonics of the PX4 are gone.  Bass especially is richer and more dynamic.  I compared the 300B mesh plate with 300B solid plate tubes.  The mesh plate are a bit cleaner on top, removing a touch of glare versus the solid plate variant.

The above observations were made while still using the KR-5U4G rectifier.  Late in the afternoon, the Psvane Acme 274B rectifier arrived.  Replacing the 5U4G with the 274B made a huge difference, more than installing the 300B meshplates.

The whole frequency range is more controlled and with more exciting dynamics and illumination of timbre (more complex and easily identifiable signatures to pianos, horns, strings, etc.).  Definitely a step up the realism ladder.  I wasn't expecting the level of improvement from the 274 rectifier.  Just shows how important is the power supply.

Best,
Robert

howiebrou

Re: Has any one tried PSVANE ACME line of tubes for Lampizator?
« Reply #14 on: 13 Mar 2022, 11:30 am »
I have used the Psvane Acme 274B. I found it better than the KR RK 5U4G on my Pacific and it is reliable, so far.