Advice needed for balanced input on GK1R

Builder Brad

Advice needed for balanced input on GK1R
« on: 25 Mar 2009, 07:05 pm »
Hi Guys,

I would like to do away with the output capacitor on my DAC that feeds my GK1R, and would like some advice on the best way to implement this.

I can relatively easily set up my DAC for differential output and now want some pointers, anything really that will stop me from having to buy those 3uf VH caps

andyr

Re: Advice needed for balanced input on GK1R
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2009, 07:39 pm »

Hi Guys,

I would like to do away with the output capacitor on my DAC that feeds my GK1R, and would like some advice on the best way to implement this.

I can relatively easily set up my DAC for differential output and now want some pointers, anything really that will stop me from having to buy those 3uf VH caps

Hi BB,

The GK-1 circuit has C1 (470nF in the stock kit) as the input coupling cap.  So you can remove the output cap on your DAC with no problems.  :thumb:

Regards,

Andy

Builder Brad

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2009, 09:47 pm »
cheers Andy,

only 1 problem, I removed C1 way back when most of the GK1R owners were tweaking like mad. I only have output caps on mine now.

Brad

andyr

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2009, 09:50 pm »

cheers Andy,

only 1 problem, I removed C1 way back when most of the GK1R owners were tweaking like mad. I only have output caps on mine now.

Brad

Aaah ... then I think you're probably stuffed!   :P

Regards,

Andy