Used SoundScape 8's in Mercedes Designo Magno Manza Matte Gray - SOLD

jsalk

Tom ordered a pair of SoundScape 8's and was trying to decide what kind of veneer/finish he wanted.  Driving home one day, a Mercedes in a very unique color pulled up alongside.  He researched the finish on that Mercedes and found out the color was Designo Magno Manza Matte Gray - a nice warm pearl gray with a matte finish - very unusual as far as automotive finishes are concerned.  He asked if we could do it.  No problem we said.

Now Tom is moving up to our Exotica line and his SoundScape 8's are available for sale.

Here are some photos...

And a close-up...

By the way, Tom also decided to upgrade the caps to Clarity MR's and they sound real nice.

We will test them completely and refresh the finish if necessary to make sure they are in "new" condition before we ship them to their new home.

New, with $380 for the Mercedes paint and $2186.40 for the upgraded Clarity caps, total build cost for these speakers was $10,541.40.

These will be soon be headed to a new home for $7400 plus shipping.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2016, 03:08 pm by jsalk »

Vonlumpus

Can you tell me more about the open mid-range arrangement?  I don't see much about that on your web page.  Maybe you could post a picture of the back of these speakers.  Also, what is the warranty?

Tomy2Tone

Can you tell me more about the open mid-range arrangement?  I don't see much about that on your web page.  Maybe you could post a picture of the back of these speakers.  Also, what is the warranty?

Hi,

The back of the speaker behind the tweeter and mid has an opening that can be covered or left open. You get a couple of options with either a hard lid grill that almost makes it a sealed speaker at that point or a soft grill that is similar to what you would have on the front of the speaker and then some polyfil that you could add if desired. The effect varies on your room, how close to the wall they sit, and listening preferences. Hope this somewhat helps, you can try calling Jim at the shop there and he usually answers the phone for a better description. If you haven't done so already.

I inquired Jim once about purchasing a pair of used Salk speakers and he basically said he would take of me as if I had bought them new from him so I think you would be in good hands. As to what is covered or what would be out of your pocket for any service I'm not sure and it would be best to contact Jim directly.

Petefell

Are these speakers still available?
Peter
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2016, 03:10 am by Petefell »

jsalk

Yes, they are available.

- Jim