The storms have been causing some interruptions lately.

Danny Richie

We have had a few pretty bad ones lately. The last one a few days ago caused a lot of wind damage in the area, but we made it through it okay. However phone lines and internet lines have been in and out and sometimes out for hours leaving us dead in the water over here for a while. So if you have been calling us and only getting busy signals and can't get through we really apologize. Please hang in there we are trying to get it resolved. 

jcotner

Re: The storms have been causing some interruptions lately.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2016, 03:40 pm »
Just a little further East on 82 we had 3 tornados very near me.
Unfortunately we're both under the gun again today and tomorrow.
It is Spring and it is Texas. Maybe it's a good time to go on into
Dallas for the LSAF!  :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2016, 03:59 pm »
Yeah, we could get more today and tomorrow. It's that time of the year.

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2016, 04:19 pm »
I'll take our snow  over the tornados any time !

Hang in there  guys 

jay

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2016, 05:46 pm »
I'll take our snow  over the tornados any time !

Snow is hardly an issue here in the Okanagan. I grew up in the prairies where winter can be a nasty prolonged affair of extreme cold combined with many very generous servings of snow. 6 months of it can seem like an eternity. I spent one winter in Quebec and vowed never to do that again. Let's not even mention Atlantic Canada.

However, speaking from a very limited experience, I find tornados are interesting. I arrived home from work one afternoon in 1987 when an F4 came within 200 meters of my residence cutting  an unprecedented swath of destruction through the city. Unfortunately 27 people were killed. It's quite a thing to see everything from cars to the huge white storage tanks at an oil refinery thrown around as if a some supernatural force was having a temper tantrum. We escaped without incident, but my neighborhood looked like a war zone.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2016, 06:09 pm »
Stay safe and hope everything dries up soon!

Captainhemo

« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2016, 06:16 pm »
deleted, kinda getting away from the  point
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2016, 08:05 pm by Captainhemo »

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2016, 10:57 pm »
Weather is nice here in Dallas. Just finished unloading. Now to unpack and setup the speakers

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2016, 04:15 pm »
Hey, we just got phones and internet again. They have been off again since last night. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. I'm been told they will have it straightened out by Monday.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2016, 06:42 pm »
Might as well hop over to Dallas this weekend then  :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2016, 08:32 pm »
Might as well hop over to Dallas this weekend then  :)

Man I wish I could. I just got back from a funeral...

And as soon as I get these last two orders out I have to get to the new house and get it ready for drywall guys on Monday. It's going to be a long weekend....

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2016, 08:57 pm »
Ouch !!! That sounds way too much like work to me.  I'm listening to the X-CS Encores on top of the Best Speaker Stands.  They sound really nice.

My Wedgies on top of the dual 12" wedge bass units are my primary display and they sound really good also. I was planning on having two rooms with the Wedgies in one and the Encores in the other but my grandson couldn't get the time off work so only one room.  The Encores are going to spend most of the time sitting off to the side but I can now slide them over and play them without much fuss.

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 29 Apr 2016, 09:02 pm »
Ouch !!! That sounds way too much like work to me.  I'm listening to the X-CS Encores on top of the Best Speaker Stands.  They sound really nice.

My Wedgies on top of the dual 12" wedge bass units are my primary display and they sound really good also. I was planning on having two rooms with the Wedgies in one and the Encores in the other but my grandson couldn't get the time off work so only one room.  The Encores are going to spend most of the time sitting off to the side but I can now slide them over and play them without much fuss.

Thanks for being there and showing the speakers.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 30 Apr 2016, 12:31 am »
You're welcome

Captainhemo

« Reply #14 on: 30 Apr 2016, 01:04 am »
Best of luck at LSAF Mike, hope it goes well for you :beer:

jay