Chapman speakers anyone? or are the ugly?

Allhartfidelity

Chapman speakers anyone? or are the ugly?
« on: 19 Feb 2014, 08:22 pm »
Just picked up a pair of T-9mkll F-1 from Chapman Audio Systems.

persisting1

Re: Chapman speakers anyone? or are the ugly?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2014, 09:03 pm »
I know nothing about these speakers, but I happen to like the way they look. Hope you enjoy them  :thumb:

srb

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2014, 11:07 pm »

sunnydaze

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2014, 12:55 am »
I see two speakers.  Which one is the Chapman?

srb

Re: Chapman speakers anyone? or are they ugly?
« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2014, 01:22 am »
The weird lookin' one with the assortment of multi-stacked MDF panels.  They're not your father's box speakers.

Steve

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2014, 02:54 am »
I don't think they look bad and they sound great.

Chapman makes a darn nice speaker and they're good guys to boot.

Berto

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2014, 03:01 am »
I don't think they look bad and they sound great.

Chapman makes a darn nice speaker and they're good guys to boot.

Fully agree. Heard them at CES , full range, warm, inviting, great tone, enjoyable speaker!

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2014, 07:42 am »
If you have to ask...sumthin's wrong! I was a dealer many moons ago and the nice people at this company make excellent speakers but the style of your speaker certainly is not usual for a Chapman. Their older designs like the T7 is more on the understated, elegant side of the spectrum. I am not familiar with your model.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2014, 03:32 pm »
If you have to ask...sumthin's wrong! I was a dealer many moons ago and the nice people at this company make excellent speakers but the style of your speaker certainly is not usual for a Chapman. Their older designs like the T7 is more on the understated, elegant side of the spectrum. I am not familiar with your model.

Yet they are featured on the front page of the company website.  However there is a slightly different speaker (without the pregnant looking front) with the same designation listed in the current line up pages.  I have heard the Chapman speakers at a show and thought they were outstanding, some of the best at show.  That model was selling for something around $8k and the T-9s are listed at $20k.

I think the other speakers in the pic are Vandersteens?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2014, 05:23 pm »
  Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Function over beauty for me.

charles

Berto

« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2014, 05:29 pm »
THe other speakers ALSO look like Chapmans.

santacore

« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2014, 06:03 pm »
They are both Chapman's. I'm currently awaiting a pair of T-7's that Stuart Chapman just completely re-built. Charles at All Hart Fidelity has been great to work with.

santacore

« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2014, 12:47 am »
My re-built circa '90 T-7's have arrived. With less then a day of playing time on them, I'm very impressed. First off, they are immensely musical and involving. Second, they are very fast, and have incredible detail and imaging. Really, they just seem to do everything right. Even with the weird shape and outdated aesthetics, they definitely rock.

I have to say that I felt like I was gambling with these. Stuart Chapman has been quietly making speakers in Washington State for the last 40 years. He has little to no marketing and doesn't have much info on the net. The people that seemed to have owned his speakers, love them. As of today, I'm very happy with my gamble. The price of the re-built T-7 seems incredibly fair considering the performance I'm hearing. Hopefully other people with chime in on Stuarts products, so that his business will increase.

A special mention to Charles of All Hart Fidelity. He is the only authorized dealer for used Chapman speakers. I highly recommend his service if you're interested in a pair.

Allhartfidelity

« Reply #13 on: 29 Nov 2016, 05:46 pm »
Do hope you are enjoying the Chapman's!