KWA100SE vs Pass XA-30.5

mactrax08

Re: KWA100SE vs Pass XA-30.5
« Reply #20 on: 27 Dec 2021, 07:22 pm »
I have Pass X250 and ModWright KWA100SE, Pass is sweeter and more transparent in medium frequencies, with symphony orchestra or chamber music it has a better color especially in WoodWinds but for commercial music (bass, drums, guitars etc) it can reach to be too lazy and even boring.  The KWA100SE has a lot more grip, a lot more punch and a lot bigger and deeper bass, I can't get rid of either because they are both fantastic each in their own style of music.  The speakers I use are Dynaudio C1 Platinum.  Greetings.

Sailorboy

Re: KWA100SE vs Pass XA-30.5
« Reply #21 on: 12 Mar 2022, 09:41 pm »
I also have the KWA100SE and Dynaudio C1 Platinum combination.  I also evaluated the KWA150SE; it was faster and more transparent but I felt it didnt deliver the emotion in the music as well as the KWA100SE.  I recently added Dan's Anniversary 9.0 anniversary preamp and that was another uplift in SQ, especially with better dynamics.  I am just trying to source some better 5687 tubes for it which is proving difficult with shipping issues to my part of the world in these times.

Cheers
Colin