Anyone heard from JimdGoulding?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Anyone heard from JimdGoulding?
« on: 15 Jun 2018, 05:21 am »
Our member Jim hasn't been around here in quite a while.  Anyone know if he is OK? 

Wind Chaser

Re: Anyone heard from JimdGoulding?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2018, 06:17 am »
Thank you for putting this forward. I feel bad for not noticing and reaching out to Jim as he did to me so many times when I took a leave. Just noticed his diffraction website is no longer up. I hope he's okay.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2018, 11:29 am »
According to his profile, he hasn't checked in since early last Dec. I'm pretty sure he's located in Texas, but exactly where I don't remember.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2018, 11:52 am »
So many come and go.   :(

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2018, 11:56 am »
Anybody sent an email?

S Clark

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2018, 01:19 pm »
 JIm is just north of Houston, but I don't have his email.  I was hoping that some our Houston members might have some info.  I certainly miss his music recs and stories of his teen years in jazz clubs. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2018, 01:51 pm »
Didn't Jim get a time out here on AC one time? If so, maybe that is why he no longer comes here. Hopefully, that is the only reason he is not here.

S Clark

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2018, 02:57 pm »
Didn't Jim get a time out here on AC one time? If so, maybe that is why he no longer comes here. Hopefully, that is the only reason he is not here.
Hell, most of us have taken time off from here at one point or another (willingly or unwillingly), but Jim is not a grudge kinda guy- probably the youngest, coolest, most laid back octagenarian I've ever had the pleasure to know. 
I've reach out to him... hopefully I'll have something positive to report in a few days. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2018, 03:49 pm »
I didn't think he was that old. But as you said he is a mellow cat and a genuinely nice guy.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2018, 04:05 pm »
I was wondering about Jim myself recently, I remember he'd had to downsize his system due to his living situation. I've got an address in Conroe, TX but no idea if it's still good. S Clark, if you don't get any response let me know I'll drop a card to the address I've got, see if we get a response. A true gentleman, hopefully it's just one of those things. As noted, life changes, and so do priorities.

S Clark

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2018, 05:10 pm »
Last time I saw him, 4-5 years back, we listened to his rig in Conroe.  No telling if he's still there. 
And Jim may not be in his eighties yet.  When I met him about a decade+ back, I remember thinking that he was older than I expected- his on line persona is definitely youthful.  I thought he was well into his seventies then.
I left a message on a number that I have.  Hopefully we'll get an answer. 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2018, 05:57 pm »
Last address I have from him is in Conroe.  Hope he is well.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2018, 07:10 pm »
Hope the best for Jim.

S Clark

« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2018, 01:50 am »
Thought I'd update this.  I've called Jim twice, left messages (so the # is still active) and have heard no response.  About a year ago, I touched base, but he didn't recognize me and hung up.  I've left a couple of emails with no response.  Hopefully one day, Jim will return here, but it doesn't look likely.  If there is anyone in the Houston group that could check to see if he is still with us, I'd appreciate it.
Scott

Wind Chaser

« Reply #14 on: 24 Jun 2018, 03:31 am »
Thought I'd update this.  I've called Jim twice, left messages (so the # is still active) and have heard no response.  About a year ago, I touched base, but he didn't recognize me and hung up.  I've left a couple of emails with no response.

Now I’m even more concerned. That’s not characteristic of the Jim we know.

ArthurDent

« Reply #15 on: 24 Jun 2018, 08:14 am »
Thanks for the update Scott. Hopefully someone will be able to make contact and let us know.

JD

S Clark

« Reply #16 on: 6 Jan 2020, 03:35 am »
I am very sorry to post the passing of our member Jim D. Goulding.  Our member SRB found his obituary from Nov. of 2018, so this notification is late in coming.  https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/conroe-tx/james-goulding-8045793

For those of of that got to know Jim, he was an incredibly bright spirit full of love of jazz, classical, and all things about music.  He shared his extensive knowledge willingly and freely... so many stories of listening to the greats of the '50s and '60s in clubs in NYC and San Fran.  I highly encourage those that didn't have the advantage of getting to know Jim to peruse his postings in the jazz and classical music circles.  His passing is a huge loss for all of us at Audio Circle.   

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #17 on: 6 Jan 2020, 03:45 am »
Truly a loss for our forum.
RIP

ArthurDent

« Reply #18 on: 6 Jan 2020, 04:13 am »
Sad news. Thank You for posting the link Scott, and Thanks to SRB for finding the obit. Never met Jim, but did exchange a number of PMs, & a few notes over the years. His knowledge of jazz, & other things audio have been, and will continue to be missed here. Rest In Peace Jim.