SC SongTowers

Empoweryou

SC SongTowers
« on: 19 May 2018, 02:31 pm »
Just wanted to shout out a big Thanks! to Jim and his team of craftsmen for the Song Towers that landed on my door step this last Tuesday. They are fabulous!! I know you advertise these to reach down to 34 hrz. but I thought I would still keep my for my sub in my modest 2.1 system. However, I've been so impressed with the low end, that I've kept the sub off thus far. Thanks for your contribution to my audio nirvana!! Allan Holdsworth never sounded so delightful. -Blair

Big Red Machine

Re: SC SongTowers
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2018, 04:44 pm »
Perhaps dial down the sub to 40 hz and see if it helps any. If not, then sell it and upgrade your speaker cables.

Empoweryou

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2018, 08:47 pm »
Already did. Not sure this sub is a good fit anyway. (SVS SB2000) It's not bad and I did turn it on with some louder rock material, but ultimately leaving it off most of the time. Might look at the Rythmik line sometime down the road but currently saving some cash for a new Int/amp. What kind of reasonable cable upgrade are you thinking of? I assembled my current ones from BlueJean components.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2018, 03:43 am »
I have a Rythmik LVX12 and love it, but the SVS SB2000 is a very good sub too. It's sealed so should blend smoother with the songtowers, but blending a sub into 2-channel can be tough. I'm not an expert at it so I just go without the sub. I'd work on getting the sub integrated before changing subs.

Empoweryou

« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2018, 12:11 am »
I'm not gonna sell the sub, I'll put it in my H/T system first. I'll spend some more time with current setup before making any decisions. Thanks for the input.