Bryston BR-1 Remote Manual

ccpeabody

Bryston BR-1 Remote Manual
« on: 31 Mar 2021, 09:33 pm »
Does anyone happen to have a manual for the Bryston BR-1 Remote?

I just picked up a B100 SST which came with a BR-1 remote.  Unfortunately, the remote doesn't work.  I suspect it just needs to be paired with the B100.

New batteries, the label screening lights up upon any button touch but no control over the B100.  Additionally, the Code button works and illuminates a red led on the BR-1.

I've looked everywhere for a manual with no luck.  FYI, I have downloaded the Bryston Manual labeled (B100 with BR-1) unfortunately, it's mislabeled and only has instructions for the BR-2.

I'll keep looking but if anyone could lend a hand, I'd be in your debt.

Cheers from NB!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston BR-1 Remote Manual
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2021, 10:33 pm »
Hi CC

Can you post a pick of the remote please.

james

ccpeabody

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2021, 12:45 am »
Hi CC

Can you post a pick of the remote please.

james
Unfortunately, Audio Circle is having issues tonight and I can't seem to upload anything.  It's the BR1.  Smallish metal unit and has the following buttons:

Code
Power
Rec
Volume Up/DN/Mute
Analog Buttons:
A/D
Aux/PH
CD
Tuner
TV
Video

Digital Buttons:

D1
D2
D3
D4

Two balance buttons.

I've tried a dozen time to upload a picture but it fails and then locks me out.

Probably something I'm doing wrong  :duh:
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2021, 02:13 am by ccpeabody »

ccpeabody

« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2021, 02:15 am »
Perhaps this link will work...

https://www.aussieaudiomart.com/details/649273842-bryston-bp16-preamp-in-silver-with-br1-remote/images/1226500/

Unfortunately, Audio Circle is having issues tonight and I can't seem to upload anything.  It's the BR1.  Smallish metal unit and has the following buttons:

Code
Power
Rec
Volume Up/DN/Mute
Analog Buttons:
A/D
Aux/PH
CD
Tuner
TV
Video

Digital Buttons:

D1
D2
D3
D4

Two balance buttons.

I've tried a dozen time to upload a picture but it fails and then locks me out.

Probably something I'm doing wrong  :duh:

Vhond

« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2021, 06:07 am »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com

ccpeabody

« Reply #6 on: 1 Apr 2021, 12:17 pm »
https://www.hififreak.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/bryston-b100-sst-user-manual.pdf
Here you can find BR 1 codes (page 3)
Thank you very much.  This is exactly the manual I was looking for.

Unfortunately, it doesn't cover a pairing function to the B100.  Perhaps the remote is just faulty?  I am able to program the remote using discrete codes to turn on and off the backlighting but the remote will not communicate with the B100.

I may be missing something obvious but I've read the manual several times and I still can't see any type of pairing procedure.

Perhaps a call to Mike Pickett today?

M3 EuroLTW

« Reply #7 on: 5 Apr 2021, 01:56 am »
One of the things Mike has taught me is that several of Bryston's more recent offerings have dip switches internally that can be set to respond to different pre-amps.

It may be possible a prior owner set them to a different setting if the B100 has that feature. Maybe its all done from its remote, but its worth trying. Assume you've put in a tested and fresh battery.  Might have missed that in the reading.

ccpeabody

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2021, 11:01 am »
One of the things Mike has taught me is that several of Bryston's more recent offerings have dip switches internally that can be set to respond to different pre-amps.

It may be possible a prior owner set them to a different setting if the B100 has that feature. Maybe its all done from its remote, but its worth trying. Assume you've put in a tested and fresh battery.  Might have missed that in the reading.
Thank you very much for the reply.  In this case, the remote was specifically designed for the B100 Integrated Amplifier.

I've been speaking to Mike and in typical  Bryston fashion, already have an RMA for return.

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #9 on: 7 Apr 2021, 12:05 pm »