0 Canada!

95Dyna

0 Canada!
« on: 13 Feb 2010, 05:30 pm »
Let's take a short break from audio discussions and tip our hats to the country where Bryston is designed and manufactured.  I watched the Olympic opening ceremonies last evening and all Canadians today can be very proud of what they showed the world last night.  What a fantastic show of the rich history and diversity that is the land of the Big Red Maple Leaf.  And it was done with such grace in the wake of the death of the Georgian luger earlier in the day.  Speaking as an American I know our nation has been blessed immeasurably and one of the very greatest of those blessings is having Canada as our neighbor.  Sydney Crosby and the Canadian men's hockey team have a good shot at the gold.  I'll be routing for them all the way (that is, of course, assuming our guys are out of the picture!), go for it!  Lastly, I spent over $12K on Canadian goods last year and don't regret any of it.  :thumb:

CABrystonOwner10

Re: 0 Canada!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2010, 05:40 pm »
Speaking of having a great neighbor, several Canadians I know played important roles locally and at state-level in last year's Presidential election. Two actually took leave from work to do this for nearly three months. All but one of them worked hard to help elect the current President and one worked for the other side. Regardless of their politics, they care more about these United States than some Americans I know. I tip my head to Canada as well.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2010, 06:08 pm »
It was quite a show - I would of preferred to see Terry Fox’s mother light the Olympic flame. I wonder if any city has ever broke even from hosting the Olympic Games?

I enjoy the summer Olympics much more and am not really a huge fan of watching winter sports. I have always enjoyed playing hockey but I never liked watching NHL hockey - a term from the movie “Cone Heads” pops into my mind when I hear anything to do with this league.

I do not view the NHL as true Canadian hockey, eh?

Be well… 

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2010, 06:33 pm »
And here is one list I found.  I guess we need contact the author to add James Tanner?

http://www.probability.ca/jeff/canadians.html

1ZIP

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2010, 06:45 pm »
I live about 75 miles south of Vancouver and have been up there many times and it is a beautiful city.  It's unfortunate that we have had such a mild Winter up here with the resultant mountain snow conditions being less than optimal. 

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2010, 06:52 pm »
I live about 75 miles south of Vancouver and have been up there many times and it is a beautiful city.  It's unfortunate that we have had such a mild Winter up here with the resultant mountain snow conditions being less than optimal.

You are welcome to some of my snow :green: - we've had a record year.

95Dyna

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2010, 08:46 pm »
You are welcome to some of my snow :green: - we've had a record year.

Ditto's Phil.  I'm just north of you in Central PA.  40 inches in 3 days :banghead:.

95Dyna

« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2010, 11:19 pm »
Let's take a short break from audio discussions and tip our hats to the country where Bryston is designed and manufactured.  I watched the Olympic opening ceremonies last evening and all Canadians today can be very proud of what they showed the world last night.  What a fantastic show of the rich history and diversity that is the land of the Big Red Maple Leaf.  And it was done with such grace in the wake of the death of the Georgian luger earlier in the day.  Speaking as an American I know our nation has been blessed immeasurably and one of the very greatest of those blessings is having Canada as our neighbor.  Sydney Crosby and the Canadian men's hockey team have a good shot at the gold.  I'll be routing for them all the way (that is, of course, assuming our guys are out of the picture!), go for it!  Lastly, I spent over $12K on Canadian goods last year and don't regret any of it.  :thumb:

Well, all the chips are in now and to all our Canuck buddies on the Circle congratulations and a big hats off.  What a game!!!  As the marker on the western border exclaims "We Are Two Nations OF The Same Mother".  Now, can we please have Sydney Crosby back so our Penguins can win another Stanly Cup. :thumb:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #8 on: 1 Mar 2010, 12:05 am »
Well, all the chips are in now and to all our Canuck buddies on the Circle congratulations and a big hats off.  What a game!!!  As the marker on the western border exclaims "We Are Two Nations OF The Same Mother".  Now, can we please have Sydney Crosby back so our Penguins can win another Stanly Cup. :thumb:

The people at work are telling me that Toronto will win the Stanly Cup this year - silly me, I thought that you had to first make the "playoffs" before you had a chance of winning the Stanly Cup :scratch:

Be well...