Introduction of new industry member

Arthur Noxon

• TubeTraps since 1985
Introduction of new industry member
« on: 10 Feb 2016, 11:32 pm »
Hello, I'm Arthur Noxon, president of Acoustic Sciences Corp and inventor of the TubeTrap product line.  I decided to join this community because I saw many discussions about room acoustics, my favorite subject and I see that many of the manufacturers involved are people I've worked with over all these many years in audio, since 1985.  We started our audio life with Monster Cable as a subsidiary supplier.  Noel Lee was focused on cleaning up the two unconditioned interconnects in the audio chain, the electronic interconnect link and the room acoustic interconnect link.  After a while he gave up on the room acoustic part and concentrated on the cable part.  So we starved to death for about a year because no one except recording studios were at all interested in bass traps.  We didn't know it but all that time Peter Moncrief of IAR was experimenting and working on his first product review of the TubeTraps.  Suddenly we started getting phone calls and orders from all over the world.  Yes, he finished and published his review.  Acoustic Sciences was finally put onto solid ground and the world of hifi room acoustics as we know it, was finally, truly born.  Well, that's how we got here.....Glad to still be here.  Don't be shy with questions, any question leads to good information or investigation.  Sincerely, Arthur

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Introduction of new industry member
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2016, 02:14 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Arthur. Glad you've joined.  :beer:

I'm going to move this over to 'Industry Introductions'. You'll get to *meet* a lot of great folks!

Have fun,

Jerry

Guy 13

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2016, 02:26 am »

A warm welcome to AudioCircle Arthur.
I think it's better in the interest of all AudioCircle members to have
a direct access to your web site.
Nice line of products you have.

http://www.acousticsciences.com/

Guy 13

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2016, 02:29 am »
Please fill out the rest of your profile with URL etc. It's clear you are TubeTrap and ASC. I'm not sure what the difference is, exactly, or why there are two website. Recently I emailed a man in my area who is a dealer for a few audiophile items and says he co-founded ASC. He was a bit odd... Presumably you're in OR not WA, where he and I are.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2016, 02:30 am »
Welcome to AC - have a few of your traps and some sound planks too

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2016, 03:46 am »
Arthur,

Welcome to AC!

I notice your company is in Eugene, OR. This is good (for me anyway) as I'm usually to be found in Beaver Country. I say usually because this is an unusual year for me in that I'm not in Corvallis.  :roll: One of these days when I'm in the area, I'm going to drive down to your shop for a listen and, perhaps, a purchase.

Michael

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2016, 05:07 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Arthur  :thumb:  from another 'Arthur'  :D

Arthur Noxon

• TubeTraps since 1985
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2017, 09:59 pm »
Hello again,

Here's some TubeTrap news over the last year. 

We co-showed with the Von Schweikert crew at AXPONIA 2017 and again at LAAS 2017.  Our room, won best sound in the show. 

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm »
Welcome to AC Arthur.