Update to Cornet parts list

Julien43

« on: 13 Feb 2005, 02:12 pm »
My Cornet board arrived Friday. I already had the chassis and a step bit for the holes. Over the last 3 weeks I've put my parts list together. I chose Nichron FX "lytics for C 13, 14, 15, 16, Sonicaps for most of the signel and RIAA apps. I upgraded the C6 output coupling cap to 1.0 uF. I have listed Multicap PE for C11, 12, 2, 4, 10. The acception is a Jensen Copper PIO for the coupling cap C5 between stages. Riken-Ohms resistors will be in the signel path. I see a couple of problems, The board allows only 19mm for the "lytics and the FX's are 40mm. I'll have to work to "shoehorn" all these and the PIOs components in. I am installing Lundahl 9206 MC step-up transformers in the chassis(if I have room without making the input leads too long). If you or anyone could share your thoughts it will be greatlly appreciated. I have been planning to do a shootout between the OC9 ML/II and the Denon DL 103R, and decided these fine carts deserved a better phono stage. One other problem I have is with downloading and printing the templates for drilling the holes. I have tryed evey option available to me to try and get them to scale. They always come out too small. I was hopping full sized templates would come with the board, but they didn't. Can anyone help me out here. Thanks for reading my post and TIA for your responses.

hagtech

« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2005, 10:26 pm »
Julien,

When printing the PDFs, you have to unclick the "resize" or "fit to page" boxes.  Each version seems to use different language.  

Also, I must warn you about the step-ups.  The power transformer has quite a bit of external spray.  I tried to design the 9206 onto the circuit board as an options (that would have been really cool), but found no location inside the chassis that was hum-free.  The low impedance connection easily picked up the fields.  Twisted pairs were better, but not good enough for sale.  Only working solution was when the input cables came out the front of the chassis.

jh :)

Julien43

Thanks Jim
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2005, 11:34 pm »
You save  me a lot of time. That was the sort of feedback I was looking for. As for the PDF..... I tried that option first, I even downloaded the file and printed it. The problem must be that my printer driver won't do it because it is bigger than letter size The closest I've come is to load it in to Photoshop and resize it to 127.5%. I hope I have it close enough. It is less than 1/64" off over 8" But I haven't drilled it, hoping I could find a better solution.

hagtech

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2005, 05:13 am »
Sounds like you're close enough.  The 1" tall standoffs allow some slop, as do the tube holes.

jh :)