Kootenay amp no longer made

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Kootenay amp no longer made
« on: 26 Apr 2023, 07:52 pm »
My X-5s are my 3rd set of Spatial Audio amps - I am a true believer.  But the search for the perfect amp continues (aided with advice from fellow audionerds here on the circle).  I have owned an LTA ZOTL10 and currently use an Ultralinear +.  I just purchased a Kootenay, as it is one of the 2 amps getting a lot of good buzz.  In correspondence with Don Sachs yesterday, he said he was making no more Kootenay amps, but was concentrating on a new pair of 300B monoblocks (very spendy - $12-15K). Whether the Valhalla integrated is still being made I do not know.  Now to spend a few weeks comparing the Kootenay to my LTA Ultralinear+.  I really like the Kootenay a lot - like turning on a technicolor switch.  Maybe if I convert my house to a duplex I can afford a pair of his new amps.

Daryl Zero

Re: Kootenay amp no longer made
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2023, 09:42 pm »
Cloud from Spatial Audio Labs is making the Valhalla amps after getting instructions from Don. Go to the recent posts in the Thread: "Comparing Don Sachs integrated with LTA integrated" and you will find Cloud's user name and you can message him if you want.

Don sent me an email and let me know that Cloud was making them for him. I messaged Cloud and he told me that he was finishing up 2 of the amps and one was not spoken for so I got it a few weeks ago. I've been listening to it and it is basically everything everyone said about it which you can also see in the earlier posts in that thread.