The Buss has Arrived.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
The Buss has Arrived.
« on: 27 Oct 2011, 02:54 pm »
  Well thanks to Dave the Uberbuss has landed in NY. Still breaking in have about 100 hours so far. A tad strident at first but mellowing out day by day. I'm using SET amps and the current draw is low. I plugged it in a dehumidifier for 48 hours straight and the difference was staggering.
  For years we have tried numerous power conditioners. To date only the Uberbuss has performed without any side affects. Meaning you get all you can from your system without any artifacts. Just clean power with a dead quite background where the notes just emerge and hang on forever, the air and decay of notes is unlike any conditioner we have tried. Just plain addictive.
  With the Blessing of Dave Swap Meet Audio will conduct in home demo of the Uberbuss in the NY tri-state area. We are excited to show this piece, it sells itself. Contact me personally at rollo14@verizon.net for a demo.

Thanks Dave,

charles
SMA

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: The Buss has Arrived.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2011, 03:06 pm »
  Well thanks to Dave the Uberbuss has landed in NY. Still breaking in have about 100 hours so far. A tad strident at first but mellowing out day by day. I'm using SET amps and the current draw is low. I plugged it in a dehumidifier for 48 hours straight and the difference was staggering.
  For years we have tried numerous power conditioners. To date only the Uberbuss has performed without any side affects. Meaning you get all you can from your system without any artifacts. Just clean power with a dead quite background where the notes just emerge and hang on forever, the air and decay of notes is unlike any conditioner we have tried. Just plain addictive.
  With the Blessing of Dave Swap Meet Audio will conduct in home demo of the Uberbuss in the NY tri-state area. We are excited to show this piece, it sells itself. Contact me personally at rollo14@verizon.net for a demo.

Thanks Dave,

charles
SMA
Charles, my pleasure.

The stridency is the Type'X' capacitors in the PFC breaking in.  They are slow to come in and respond well to an extended break-in.  I remember laughing when I first read that Zybar plugged his into the 'fridge for a week while he went out of town.  In retrospect that is a very good way to do break-in:  low, steady current draw broken up with high current draw when the compressor comes on.

I have the capacitors made for me and the last batch seems to take a bit more time to smooth out.  They are rated @ 450VAC and the PP film is quite thick, so it figures.

Thanks for the accolades.  SET amps are quite revealing of power crapola.  I loved my Cary CAD572SE MkII through the Uber.  Low power SETs are even more so.

Have fun with the home auditions.  I'm ready, too.

Enjoy   :thumb:

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2011, 03:35 pm »
I have the capacitors made for me and the last batch seems to take a bit more time to smooth out.  They are rated @ 450VAC and the PP film is quite thick, so it figures.

With all the caps available you have to have some made?   :o

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2011, 03:55 pm »
With all the caps available you have to have some made?   :o
Jason, Type 'X' and 'Y' caps in the voltages and sizes that I need are few and far between.  You don't take just any high voltage metallized cap and put it across AC.  Also, most of the ones that ARE available are not PP and they sound like crap.  It's all part of product development.  Took me a year to find the right ones.

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2011, 03:58 pm »
Jason, Type 'X' and 'Y' caps in the voltages and sizes that I need are few and far between.  You don't take just any high voltage metallized cap and put it across AC.  Also, most of the ones that ARE available are not PP and they sound like crap.  It's all part of product development.  Took me a year to find the right ones.

Dave

I didn't realize that you use "X" rated caps. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2011, 04:09 pm »
I didn't realize that you use "X" rated caps.
I have also used 630VDC caps that carry a 400VAC rating, but only when I absolutely had to.  They are just as safe as a type'X' in general usage, but I prefer the real deal.

Dave