It's on to Waco...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
It's on to Waco...
« on: 31 Jul 2010, 10:12 pm »
for the Regional Championships.

The young men were undefeated in the double elimination State Championships.

Dave, Proud Grandpa

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: It's on to Waco...
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2010, 12:43 am »
Congratulations! State Champs is a very cool thing.   If you guys are driving, you'll go through Abilene on the way.  Stop in and take a listen to the LS9's.  I'm only about 20 minutes south of town. 

Scott

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2010, 05:25 am »
Congratulations! State Champs is a very cool thing.   If you guys are driving, you'll go through Abilene on the way.  Stop in and take a listen to the LS9's.  I'm only about 20 minutes south of town. 

Scott
Crap, Scott, we're gonna fly.  Bummer.

The kids played great!  They crushed every team and either 10 runned them or beat them by huge numbers.  They beat 2 teams 17-1 and 25-3.

We'll see how it goes.  They play Arkansas on Thursday.

Papa D

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2010, 05:48 am »
Congratulatins Dave! Awesome :thumb: Take lots of pics.

Laura

vinyl_lady

« Reply #4 on: 9 Aug 2010, 02:06 am »
Dave,

How did they do at regionals?

Laura

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: 9 Aug 2010, 03:08 am »
Dave,

How did they do at regionals?

Laura
Hey, Laura.  Thanks for asking.

They sucked, mostly.  We only won one of the preliminary games and needed for Colorado to beat Arkansas for them to go on to the tournament.  That didn't happen.  We'll be on our way home tomorrow.  Sad thing is that it was unearned runs that beat 'em in both games.

On the bright side, this was the first Albuquerque team to make it to regionals since 1994.  Been a long dry spell.

Grandson Ben batted over .600 for the tourney, and scored 4 runs.  No errors and about a half a dozen strong plays at short.  Like the coach said, he is a dimunitive powerhouse and the quiet leader.  He made me proud, like all of my grandchildren.

Next year he'll be playing Juniour unless they move him up to Seniors.  I hope they don't until he gets a little more size.  He's a runt like me.  :D

Dave

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6 on: 9 Aug 2010, 03:27 am »
Hey, Laura.  Thanks for asking.

They sucked, mostly.  We only won one of the preliminary games and needed for Colorado to beat Arkansas for them to go on to the tournament.  That didn't happen.  We'll be on our way home tomorrow.  Sad thing is that it was unearned runs that beat 'em in both games.

On the bright side, this was the first Albuquerque team to make it to regionals since 1994.  Been a long dry spell.

Grandson Ben batted over .600 for the tourney, and scored 4 runs.  No errors and about a half a dozen strong plays at short.  Like the coach said, he is a dimunitive powerhouse and the quiet leader.  He made me proud, like all of my grandchildren.

Next year he'll be playing Juniour unless they move him up to Seniors.  I hope they don't until he gets a little more size.  He's a runt like me.  :D

Dave

Bummer!, but what a great experience for Ben and his team mates. Something to build on for sure. Be proud, you've earned it because behind every successful child is a doting grandparent or two :eyebrows:

See you in a couple of months,

Laura