Shipping... AGAIN!!!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Shipping... AGAIN!!!
« on: 30 May 2013, 09:45 pm »
I don't know if I am the only small business guy in the world that has shipping issues.  Sometimes I think so, then I hear stories from other people and I realize that I am not.

For shipping I have long preferred using USPS Priority Mail for shipping.  They have the best record with me for getting things delivered in a reasonable amount of time, but more importantly intact, unbroken and working.  Certainly their flate rate options work for me because of the size of my packages.  A while back I had a problem with a pickup service that I used for shipping.  Dan the Postman never seemed to be predictable in his route time so I used a service.  I quit that a couple of months ago.  Everything went well for about a month and then I started having problems with the BUSSes taking a long time to clear the sort facility here.  Other items went out the next day like clockwork, but BUSSes often took 3-4 days before they would clear the facility.  I spent some time at USPS yesterday and found out what the problem is/was.  I will not bore you with details.  Shouldn't do it anyway.

I'll probably be using some different options in the future.  Please do not be surprised if I have to start charging for shipping on the BUSS-Line in the USA.  Sorry, but times are changing.

Dave

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: Shipping... AGAIN!!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2013, 10:16 pm »
Dave, we do good work, I'm sure you know what I mean!  Hope you find what works for you!

Mark

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2013, 01:26 am »
Dave, we do good work, I'm sure you know what I mean!  Hope you find what works for you!

Mark
Mark, I know you guys do.  Besides, I have an inside track, eh?

:lol:

Dave

ufokillerz

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2013, 05:50 am »
fingers crossed that my masterpieces arrive tomorrow.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2013, 02:43 pm »
fingers crossed that my masterpieces arrive tomorrow.
Your Item's Status
"Your item arrived at the Post Office at 6:27 am on June 1, 2013 in STATEN ISLAND, NY 10301. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Saturday, June 1, 2013. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Looks promising.

Dave

ufokillerz

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2013, 04:17 pm »
Your Item's Status
"Your item arrived at the Post Office at 6:27 am on June 1, 2013 in STATEN ISLAND, NY 10301. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Saturday, June 1, 2013. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Looks promising.

Dave

indeed Dave! one out for delivery, and one still somewhere in between, surprising how the post office works with 2 packages tendered to USPS for shipment at the same time to the same place.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2013, 04:32 pm »
indeed Dave! one out for delivery, and one still somewhere in between, surprising how the post office works with 2 packages tendered to USPS for shipment at the same time to the same place.
Surprising how USPS does anything at the Albuquerque Station.  It is a mystery to me.   :scratch:  When I snagged the originals and repackaged them I delivered both of them to the Main office and set them on the commercial counter.

I am so confused.   :o

Dave