Will a tube connector fit in banana post

BrandonB

Will a tube connector fit in banana post
« on: 29 Nov 2023, 05:11 am »
I have furutech post on my amp that will accept bananas and spades.  I was curious if the tube connector would fit in the post where the banana goes.  It fit perfectly but I had to forcefully pull it out to get the wire out.  has anyone put tube connectors in banana post? 

KTS

Re: Will a tube connector fit in banana post
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2023, 12:22 pm »
Generally speaking yes it will, I have done this several times, but just a few different binding post, but not every type or style, there could be exceptions. It was tight on the ones I used and if you force the connector it can get jammed, so snug is good.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2023, 01:43 pm »
Similar experience here when I put KLE binding posts on my amp. Sound quality improved over the generic crap ones, but they were snug with tube connectors to say the least and did not slip all the way in.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2023, 02:27 pm »
In the tube connectors, it is the female ends that has the flexible squeeze, and the male end is a hollow Copper stud.

So the female end will take a standard banana plug.

Going the other way around a standard binding post has no way of locking down on the male tube connector end.

I have shoved it into some binding post and managed to make good contact, but it is not designed for that.