2011 Capital Audio Fest...

r.wasserstrom

Re: 2011 Capital Audio Fest...
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jul 2011, 07:05 pm »
Guys,

There's an Italian restaurant--That's Amore--which is around the corner from the show hotel on the corner of Shady Grove Road and Research Blvd.  That may work for us, especially if we have a large group.  I've not eaten there, but I understand they serve both family style and individual portions.  I looked at the menu and the prices are moderate.  I also know a deli located a bit farther away (Brooklyn's Deli), but I don't think they can accommodate a large group.  Of course there are the ubiquitous Chinese and Indian restaurants not too far away.

Rich

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 6 Jul 2011, 08:39 pm »
That's Amore is a chain and is decent.  There used to be one in Sterling and I'm not sure if the Vienna one is still there.  It depends on what everyone wants.  As I noted, we will be competing the normal Saturday dinner crowd so anywhere we probably need to think early.  Generally That's Amore is good for having large groups.

richidoo

« Reply #22 on: 6 Jul 2011, 09:55 pm »
I'll be driving up on Saturday for a night. Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Rich

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 7 Jul 2011, 03:58 am »
I just booked a room and will be there for sure.  Serves large party's for dinner and close by sounds good wasserstrom.  I think Phil is saying we should decide on something and make reservations early, like now for instance.  The show closes down at 7pm, so 8pm might be a good time to try and miss the local dinner crowd and give a little time for drinks beforehand.  Also meeting in the bar at the Crown Plaza at 7pm would facilitate the logistics of cars and times and finding people you have no idea of their real names or faces.  Wadda ya think?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #24 on: 7 Jul 2011, 04:21 am »
Sounds like a good plan to me to meet at the bar before heading out for dinner!

Maybe they can add a large AC to the show badge with the names?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #25 on: 7 Jul 2011, 05:14 am »
Last year, we (Phil & I) left right before the band started playing; we were hungry at that point and food was more important than music.

I figure 7:00-ish would be a better time; we don't want to eat too late.

Phil A

« Reply #26 on: 7 Jul 2011, 10:25 am »
Last year, we (Phil & I) left right before the band started playing; we were hungry at that point and food was more important than music.

I figure 7:00-ish would be a better time; we don't want to eat too late.

I would think if you go somewhere at 7:00 with a large group, probably most restaurants could not handle that with the normal dinner crowd.  The restaurant we went to was fairly full and I don't think they would have had the space for a dozen or more people at the time.  We can discuss logistics I guess when everyone is there in the middle of the afternoon and perhaps we will have a better feel for numbers.

DTB300

« Reply #27 on: 7 Jul 2011, 01:42 pm »
Down the road away from 270 is a Wing Place (Wing Stop), Panera Bread, a Chinese Place, an Italian Place (Mamma Lucia - good food - large group...no way), Crispy Cream Donuts, Starbucks, and a couple of others I cannot remember.  More food places up in Rio Center (10 min away).  Next area for food would be Kentlands,  Famous Dave's, Silver Diner, Bonefish Grill (nice seafood - but large group probably not), and many other places which can be looked up under Kentlands

That's Amore will be able to handle a large group, but you will probably need reservations for that size group.  Probably most of these place on a Saturday could be an issue with 10 or more people without a reservation

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #28 on: 7 Jul 2011, 02:17 pm »
There's also J.J. Muldoon's, Irish Pub with an Italian/Irish menu (weird, I know), but the Italian side menu is as least as extensive as That's Amore, with a whole Meat and Potatoes Irish type menu to boot.  The menu and pictures of That's Amore looked very nice as well.  There another Bar and Grill place with bar food only, mehhh, and a Thai place that didn't look like anything special.

Maybe we should all meet face to face at 3pm or something in the lobby and fight it out, last man standing gets to pick the time and place.   :lol:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 7 Jul 2011, 02:26 pm »
Ok, will see everybody in the lobby at 3PM on Saturday to duel out dinner plans :duel:  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #30 on: 7 Jul 2011, 04:18 pm »
Maybe we should all meet face to face at 3pm or something in the lobby and fight it out, last man standing gets to pick the time and place.   :lol:
Just want to clarify one thing.  If there is a female audiophile present and she is the last one who is standing then the last man standing decides on where to eat :duh: :scratch: :nono:?

Scottdazzle

« Reply #31 on: 7 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm »
That's Amore is a chain and is decent.  There used to be one in Sterling and I'm not sure if the Vienna one is still there.  It depends on what everyone wants.  As I noted, we will be competing the normal Saturday dinner crowd so anywhere we probably need to think early.  Generally That's Amore is good for having large groups.

The Vienna That's Amore is long gone. It's going to be a Fresh Market grocery store on the 20th.  I hope to see you guys there!

Scottdazzle

« Reply #32 on: 7 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm »
The Vienna That's Amore is long gone. It's going to be a Fresh Market grocery store on the 20th.  I hope to see you guys there!

p.s. I'll have a Manley Tubes Rule lanyard around my neck.

richidoo

« Reply #33 on: 7 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm »
p.s. I'll have a Manley Tubes Rule lanyard around my neck.

Uh-OH, me too...  :lol:  At least we'll recognize each other Scott!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 7 Jul 2011, 11:53 pm »
My shirt will have HAL on it!   :D

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #35 on: 8 Jul 2011, 12:22 am »
My shirt IS Hal, and he's disguised as a Manley Tubes Rule lanyard.

Hey Scott, I'll be there Saturday with Pumpkinman, he's coming down Friday to spend the day listening to the VIP Super ScoutMaster I just picked up mated to the EAR 834P you sold me, it's stuffed full of smoothplate Teles now. :thumb:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #36 on: 8 Jul 2011, 06:48 pm »
My shirt IS Hal, and he's disguised as a Manley Tubes Rule lanyard.

Hey Scott, I'll be there Saturday with Pumpkinman, he's coming down Friday to spend the day listening to the VIP Super ScoutMaster I just picked up mated to the EAR 834P you sold me, it's stuffed full of smoothplate Teles now. :thumb:

Super!  See you all there.

pelliott321

« Reply #37 on: 9 Jul 2011, 02:29 pm »
here are a few pics

Phil A

« Reply #38 on: 9 Jul 2011, 02:46 pm »
thanks - I'll be one my way in about 90 minutes - can't wait!

MLS

« Reply #39 on: 9 Jul 2011, 05:19 pm »
I am going on Sunday.