Ben's Song3-Encore speakers in natural curly cherry with light brown burst edges

jsalk

I must admit I have been remiss in posting pictures lately.  We have scores of new pictures to post, but we just haven't had time.

Since the Song3-Encores are so new, we are only now starting to ship these speakers and Ben happened to be one of the first to receive a pair.  Actually, Ben ordered at a time when the design was just in the idea stage.

Ben wanted natural curly cherry, but wanted a hint of a brown burst edge to go with the walnut in his home.  We had never done this before, so I was real interested in how they would turn out.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Happy listening, Ben!

- Jim

Folsom

Nice look with the color of the mid. I hope he posts some feedback on this model.

mixsterdude

Those are beautiful, Jim!!

Grbluen

Those are absolutely beautiful! Nice work, Jim!

daven3871

Beautiful  work as usual on the list and be joining the Salk  Song3--Encores  family soon.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Very well done Jim.  :thumb:  Nice selection Ben, all the way around.  8)

birbygdad

Beautiful! Looking forward to my Song 3 speakers. Old guys rule!

Ben Pinion

I am pleased that many of you liked my choice of finish. With just one email to Jim he nailed it.  Beauty is one quality, yet the sound is what is important.
I think I am qualified to speak about sound reproduction based on the systems I have had through the years.  I started out with Klipsch
La Scalas, then moved on to Yamaha NS 1000s, Vandersteen 1Ci, B&W 805s, Kef 107s, Magnepan MG lllA, Thiel CS 2.3 and finally the CS 3.7s.
I have always been an avid concert goer.  How can you know what music sounds like without hearing it live.?
Now let's get to the real issue. How do the Song 3 Encores sound?  I am not going to bore you with all the audiophile nomenclature.  They perform beyond the aforementioned speakers in every capacity.  I will note one thing: the bass is deep, real and TIGHT!  Remember, Jim chose the finest drivers produced in the last year.
I would say the most amazing virtue is they fade away or, if you prefer, disappear.  This why Jim says you will only get the music.  I hope you get the picture I could not be more pleased with my Encores!

Sincerely,

Ben

mixsterdude

That's great to hear, Ben!!  I'm looking forward to receiving mine in a few weeks!

Ben Pinion

That's great to hear, Ben!!  I'm looking forward to receiving mine in a few weeks!

If you would like to speak to about the Encore, just PM me.

Ben

jsalk

These don't happen to be what you're looking for, are they?

- Jim

Ben Pinion

If you would like to speak to about the Encore, just PM me.

Ben

I am a Newbie, so I am  posting again in hopes I clear the limit.  Then I would be able to open your link.

Ben

mixsterdude

I am a Newbie, so I am  posting again in hopes I clear the limit.  Then I would be able to open your link.

Ben

Are you saying that you're not able to open the private message that I sent?  I'll post it here.  It didn't have to be private :)

mixsterdude

Are you saying that you're not able to open the private message that I sent?  I'll post it here.  It didn't have to be private :)

Here it is......

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the offer to chat with me about your Encores.  I just found out today that mine will be shipped tomorrow.  It's been a long wait but I have no doubt it will be worth it. 

Are your speakers close to being broke in yet?  What kind of music do you listen to?  What strikes you most, sonically?  Bass, midrange, soundstage, imaging, or something else?  If I remember correctly, you're not new to good loudspeakers.....it seems like you would be a good judge  :)

Cheers!!
Mickey

Ben Pinion

Yes, Jim will tell you it not even close (the time) to what many believe.

Ben

Ben Pinion

Yes it did.  I was going to give you phone #.

Ben

Ben Pinion

Mixsterdude,

Check your email.

Thanks,

Ben

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria

- Jim

Damn! Those are awesome looking speakers.

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!

- Jim

STUNNING AS ALWAYS JIM!!  :o :o