4 ohm load with hybrid integrated?

mcgsxr

« on: 2 Apr 2004, 02:56 pm »
I have been reading much about the hybrid integrated Jolida products that you represent, and I think I noticed that you own a set of Totem Mites.

I have a set of Rokk, their slightly larger brother, utilizing the same drivers and Xovers etc.

Would the JD301/1701/1501 drive these speakers well?  

I am not sure which amp you have running your Mites.

Mark in Canada

maxwalrath

« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2004, 03:38 pm »
The 301 and the 1501 did a good job on my dynaudio 50's. I believe they were 4 ohms.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2004, 02:46 pm »
Hi Sorry for the delay in response but we have been dealing with yet another death in the family.

Anyway, I do have customer running various Totem speakers with the Jolida Hybrids and in fact have one customer that has been driving his Rokks and another driving a pair of Mite-Ts with the Jolida 301 with very good results.

The Rokks are not too difficult of a load as compared to the Mite-Ts and if you are looking to drive these speakers in a smaller system, you should have no problem.

I was running a pair of Totem Tabus for quite some time with a 301 and was very satisfied with the results. Not the last word in dynamics at high volume levels with these speakers as the Tabus are only about 85dB. Your personal taste and listening habits would be the deciding factor.

I can also install a subwoofer output if you are looking to go this route. There would be no additional charge for the sub circuit.