Todays meeting with Clearwave Loudspeaker Design - THEY'RE HERE!

Jed

• Industry Participant
    • Clearwave Loudspeaker Design
Question for Bill and Jed.  Will you folks be bringing these to RMAF 2010?

Thanks,
Jake

It certainly is more than a possibility that at least one of my speakers will be there.  Final planning on that will involve quite a few details that have to be worked out, but I'm definitely eager to broaden my potential customer base with this speaker.

http://www.clearwaveloudspeaker.com/MelodiaRA72pricing.html
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2010, 12:20 am by Jed »

Jed

• Industry Participant
Anyone planning on going to hear these at Bill's soon?  I'd like very much to get your impressions.

Regards,

Jed

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Anyone is more than welcome to stop by for a listen. We now have one of our Purity preamps controlling everything. It is between the Reference and Statement. I wanted to have a full Silver Statement in the system but the current production run is going out for dealer/distributor auditions.

Current system driving the speakers:

Purity Preamp - 3205 MK III Reference amplifier - Audio Note CDT-Three transport - Audio Note Custom DAC 2.1 - Musica Bella "Musicale" speaker cables and Clarity Labs & Musica Bella interconnects.

In the forthcoming weeks, the entire system will be wired with the Clarity Labs Foxfire II all silver interconnects and Bella SG28 Silver/Gold foil speaker cables.

The speakers are sounding truly amazing :drool:

Jed

• Industry Participant
I mentioned that I'm working on a new 3 way with the OEM RAAL, Accuton C173 T6 90 (the expensive one), and the Seas W26FX02 nextel woofer in an earlier post.  Well, this is going to be a reality in the next couple months-- however the cabinet is going to be less complicated than originally planned, and it will use one 10" driver instead of two.  Right now cabinets are getting built by my high end cabinet builder, and the look will be similar to the Duet10a on my website, only with larger chamfers at the top and bottom.  Pricing in premium curly maple veneers with high end Clarity Cap ESA in the tweeter circuit, all Mills resistors, air core resistors, is expected to come in around $6200.00.  I'm not sure how long we'll be able to hold on to that price though as there really isn't all that much profit given the tremendous expense of just the parts involved.  The first pair of speakers are going to CA, so I'm not sure if there will be much of an opportunity to display them at RA, but we'll see.  If there is more interest maybe I can build another pair to accompany the Melodia RA7.2.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 06:11 pm by Jed »