• Industry Participant
Re: Decware Rachel or Coincident Dynamo SE34.1
« Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2014, 09:14 pm »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2014, 09:22 pm »
Also, I have emailed Coincident in order to get to the bottom of the question: where is the Dynamo 34SE made?  :scratch:
"Rob,

The chassis is made in Hong Kong but all the components are sourced all over the world with all assembly and QC done in Canada.

The amp is too good to be true but it is. We work on very small Mark ups and sell only direct. That is why we can offer it at $1299. Eventually we will have to raise the price since even though we sell large volume the profit margin is very skimpy.

No amplifier under $4000 is built as well or performs as well.  It is a breakthrough achievement.

Best Regards,

Israel Blume- Pres.
"

Even though I'm not going to eat my head (or my words), I still think this amp might be a good proposition.  Israel's response to my question was very fast, and on a Saturday yet.  A good sign.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #23 on: 22 Nov 2014, 09:32 pm »
Not sure what speaker you have coming - are they Omegas?  To my knowledge Omega has never made a Super V (Roman numeral).   
Louis has made a Super 5 Monitor and Super 5XRS, but they were 93dB efficient, not 97.

Also, I have emailed Coincident in order to get to the bottom of the question: where is the Dynamo 34SE made?  :scratch:

I don't own nor have I heard the Omega line of speakers so was just explaining my interest in Dynamo being discussed. I have been reading with great curiosity on this circle because of my interest in full range drivers with low watt amplifiers, sets in particular. Guy 13 owns a similar speaker to the Super V and replaced the original speaker up top with an Omega and seems to be enjoying it. I thought Omega owners would be interested in the discussion on Agon and the review which I found very informative and positive on the Dynamo.

I will be interested in what the answer to your inquiry is but I'm pretty sure they are in fact made in Canada.

Greg

Rob, I see we have posted at the same time, thank you for confirming and from the man himself no less.

Take Care,

Greg

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 22 Nov 2014, 09:38 pm »

I will be interested in what the answer to your inquiry is but I'm pretty sure they are in fact made in Canada.

Greg
Greg,

The answer is right above your post.  By the way, thanks for the links - it certainly is an enthusiastic review.  It would be nice to hear that amp with some Omegas.

morganc

« Reply #25 on: 23 Nov 2014, 02:15 am »
I have owned 4 Decware Amps  and3 different versions of the Frankenstein from Coincident. Both companies are the biggest bang for the buck and both are owned by two high quality individuals.  You cannot go wrong with either.  Having said that, you sometimes can get magical synergy and the only way to know that is to listen to each amp and speaker combo in your room :-)

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 23 Nov 2014, 06:50 am »
Both companies are the biggest bang for the buck and both are owned by two high quality individuals.  You cannot go wrong with either.  Having said that, you sometimes can get magical synergy and the only way to know that is to listen to each amp and speaker combo in your room :-).

morganc,

What a great comment........ what everyone strives for.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #27 on: 23 Nov 2014, 06:50 pm »
Here's a Decware SE84C+ Set for sale over at Audiomart.

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649160059-decware-se84c-amplifier/

Only 2 watts so I don't know how well it would work with Omegas but the price is right at $650.00.

Greg

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 24 Nov 2014, 05:50 pm »
Here's a Decware SE84C+ Set for sale over at Audiomart.

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649160059-decware-se84c-amplifier/

Only 2 watts so I don't know how well it would work with Omegas but the price is right at $650.00.

Greg
It'll run any current Omega without a problem.  Yes, it has only 2 watts per channel, so party volumes are not in the picture, but if you listen at sane volumes to music that doesn't have huge dynamic swings and crescendos like Stravinsky's Firebird, it will more than reward you.

Brianportugal

« Reply #29 on: 11 Jan 2015, 10:01 am »
Sorry for the long delay

I have a new pair of Omega 3xrs . I am using a primaluna Prolog 2 and love the sound but want to try a Set amp.
Also saw Dennis had makes an amp inspire. What would you buy since I can't hear them all together?

Also need a dac under $600....
Brian

Brianportugal

« Reply #30 on: 11 Jan 2015, 10:03 am »
Also my room is small 10x12

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #31 on: 11 Jan 2015, 02:11 pm »
Also saw Dennis Had makes an amp Inspire. What would you buy since I can't hear them all together?

Any of them would be an excellent match, just a matter of differences in tube type.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #32 on: 11 Jan 2015, 05:26 pm »
Sorry for the long delay

I have a new pair of Omega 3xrs . I am using a primaluna Prolog 2 and love the sound but want to try a Set amp.
Also saw Dennis had makes an amp inspire. What would you buy since I can't hear them all together?

Also need a dac under $600....
Brian

For a DAC, take a look at DAC Magic Plus - under $600 new - around $400 used.  One of the best bang for your buck DACs.

I have one of Dennis' Inspire amps along with his LP2 preamp.  I love it.  If you are interested in tube rolling, his will run with most pentode power tubes (KT150, KT120, KT90/99, KT88, KT77, KT66, 6550, EL34, 6L6, 6V6) and will take a wide range of driver (6922, 6DJ8, 7308 and 6CG7/6FQ7, 6N1P, 6N23P) and rectifier tubes (5AR4, 274B, 5R4GY, 5U4, 5Y3).  I've never compared with other single ended amps however.  There is a big thread about his amps over on AudioAficionado in the Cary section.

Brianportugal

« Reply #33 on: 11 Jan 2015, 06:04 pm »
That's a gorgeous integrated thankyou for your info on the dac Magic also heard good things about herus by reaonessence. I love streaming about to try tidal.
Brian

pstrisik

« Reply #34 on: 11 Jan 2015, 08:07 pm »
That's a gorgeous integrated thankyou for your info on the dac Magic also heard good things about herus by reaonessence. I love streaming about to try tidal.
Brian

The inspire amp isn't integrated.  It is a power amp.  I use his Inspire LP-2 as a preamp.  Here is a photo of the pair.  The rectifiers in this shot are both Sophia 274B mesh plates.  I ordered mine in Jaguar Carnival Red, a color he used on some Cary amps, but you can order in just about any color you want.  He has the chassis powder coated with automobile finishes.

If you like streaming, consider the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6.  It can be found used now for ~$500.  It is their NP-30 and DAC Magic Plus together in one box.  The limitation is it will only go up to 24/96.  They have a new Stream Magic 6 Version II that will handle 24/192, but it will cost you closer to $1000 new.  Haven't yet seen used ones. 

jorgen

« Reply #35 on: 12 Jan 2015, 01:01 pm »
Just as a little sidenote. Im currently using the Cambridge Dacmagic plus, cant really say if its a good buy or good dac since I havent comparet it to any other in my system, but it seems to be ok. The word of advise I have is to get a Cambridge ID100 docking station if you choose to stream, I use an IPAD 2 and the id100 taps out the digital signal and transfers optically it to the dac, i guess it can be used with pretty much any dac there is since it has several outputs, the downside is that with optical (atleast) it is no upsampling, on the other side; and i might be on a little thin ice here, but CDs are mostly 16/44 and upsampling means the converter is guessing what would be if 24/192, and i dont want that. I use WIMP for streaming, its called TIDAL in other countries than Norway (for obvious reasons not WIMP)
I chose the ID 100 over the Pure I 20 because it seems to be steadier and it will charge the ipad while docked, and it is suppose to be able to use between ipad and tv aswell, havent tried that though..

to the topic, go for Decware. you will be happy, not safe to bet on coincidents.. (too funny,,,,,... :P

doctorcilantro

« Reply #36 on: 12 Jan 2015, 02:00 pm »
What do these Inspire amps cost? Comparable to Decware's SE ?

steve f

« Reply #37 on: 12 Jan 2015, 02:52 pm »
I've been following this thread. For the amplifiers you guys are considering, you have reached a price vs performance plateau. To get a better amp, you are going to have to spend a bit more money, or sling solder and build a kit.

I'm familiar with most of the Decware line. (When I went to Zenfest regularly, I was a Chicagoan.) I have two favorites there. I really like the basic  SE84C series. Two excellent WPC. But if I were looking for a VERY flexible amp, one that you can tube roll to any sound you want, you should consider spending a bit more. Consider the Mini Torii. It's four WPC. It's regulated. There are a lot of tubes available. I doubt it will fail for the next twenty years, because it's well made and not stressfully run. Price is $1800. Definitely several steps better than a lot of amps.

If you can solder, build a Transcendent Sound amp. Any of them. They are OTL, very reliable, and about the very best tube amps at any price.

Finally, I have to mention Music Reference. The smaller amps by Roger Modjeski are world class. I can't afford them, but I sure wish I could.

Steve

Edit: Lin, opnly bafld, can you add to this?

pstrisik

« Reply #38 on: 12 Jan 2015, 03:20 pm »
What do these Inspire amps cost? Comparable to Decware's SE ?

Inspires run from ~$1000 - $1700 for stereo amps depending on design.  He makes a couple of monobloc models that are going to be more.

doctorcilantro

« Reply #39 on: 12 Jan 2015, 03:33 pm »
I've been following this thread. For the amplifiers you guys are considering, you have reached a price vs performance plateau. To get a better amp, you are going to have to spend a bit more money, or sling solder and build a kit.
I'm familiar with most of the Decware line. (When I went to Zenfest regularly, I was a Chicagoan.) I have two favorites there. I really like the basic  SE84C series. Two excellent WPC. But if I were looking for a VERY flexible amp, one that you can tube roll to any sound you want, you should consider spending a bit more. Consider the Mini Torii. It's four WPC. It's regulated. There are a lot of tubes available. I doubt it will fail for the next twenty years, because it's well made and not stressfully run. Price is $1800. Definitely several steps better than a lot of amps.
If you can solder, build a Transcendent Sound amp. Any of them. They are OTL, very reliable, and amount the very best tube amps at any price.
Finally, I have to mention Music Reference. The smaller amps by Roger Modjeski are world class. I can't afford them, but I sure wish I could.

Steve
Edit: Lin, opnly bafld, can you add to this?

Yup, I own Rachel and an MT (that I'll be selling to fund some non-audio stuff). I was curious about a SE amp down down the road that will let me roll a lot of different tubes. I'll have to keep the Inspire in mind.