Anyone at Axpona?

Delacroix

Anyone at Axpona?
« on: 14 Apr 2019, 03:56 pm »
If so, let's have some impressions...

Delacroix

Re: Anyone at Axpona?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2019, 12:11 pm »
Well there's certainly critic and magazine coverage  (https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/04/14/ultra-fi-michael-fremer-and-the-audio-company-axpona-2019/)  but I'd like to hear from folks here who went.

SundayNiagara

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2019, 08:32 pm »
Methinks VSA should start making affordable speakers again. They seem to have forgotten where they came from. Yes, I know of the VR/Endeavor speakers.

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2019, 12:32 am »
Methinks VSA should start making affordable speakers again. They seem to have forgotten where they came from. Yes, I know of the VR/Endeavor speakers.

I don't understand your point, unless you feel they need to make $1000/pr and $2000/pr speakers.   VSA makes speakers at the $3K/pr price point, $3.7K/pr, $6K/pr, $6.5K/pr, $8K/pr, $10K/pr, and up.   Yes, in the past they have offered lower priced speakers, like the VR-1, VR-2, and VM-2, which were in the $1K-$2K price range, but these never seemed to be their primary focus. 

SundayNiagara

« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2019, 02:04 pm »
I don't understand your point, unless you feel they need to make $1000/pr and $2000/pr speakers.   VSA makes speakers at the $3K/pr price point, $3.7K/pr, $6K/pr, $6.5K/pr, $8K/pr, $10K/pr, and up.   Yes, in the past they have offered lower priced speakers, like the VR-1, VR-2, and VM-2, which were in the $1K-$2K price range, but these never seemed to be their primary focus.

What do you see everywhere you look? Uber expensive speakers. Yes, VSA needs some lower-priced speakers.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2019, 03:15 pm »
What do you see everywhere you look? Uber expensive speakers. Yes, VSA needs some lower-priced speakers.

I googled, and this is what I found:

https://www.vonschweikert.com/copy-of-vr-reference-loudspeakers

Best,
Anand.

respected_net

« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2019, 08:07 pm »
I have the $8k Endeavor E-3 mk2 speakers, and they are excellent.  My previous ones were the VR-4jr mk2's.  All the same VSA sound qualities.   Musical and engaging.

tonyptony

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2019, 12:08 pm »
I have the $8k Endeavor E-3 mk2 speakers, and they are excellent.  My previous ones were the VR-4jr mk2's.  All the same VSA sound qualities.   Musical and engaging.

Hi respected_net. I heard the E-3 Mk2 at the Florida Expo and at AXPONA. Liked what I heard (even though at AXPONA IMO they were set to far apart). I'm considering these for my (hopefully) soon to be "retirement to smaller digs" speaker selection. I'm curious about what other speakers you heard when making this choice.