SAMs are truly wonderful!

ihor

SAMs are truly wonderful!
« on: 11 Sep 2018, 12:08 am »
Just finished listening to ‘O Death’ from the new cd by Ranky Tanky.  The SAMs are truly magnificent!!  If you’ve not heard of Rank Tanky, you are missing some great music. (Check out the interview with them on NPR for background and a few cuts from the cd).   A fantastically recorded cd of wonderful music.  On any system this cd would would sound really good (I listened to this yesterday on my next door neighbor’s Vandy IIIs), but the SAM’s really shine on this. Thank you Louis for making such a wonderful speaker!

FireGuy

Re: SAMs are truly wonderful!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2018, 12:06 pm »
Good to hear you're enjoying Louis' fine work.  Gems without applying for a 2nd mortgage.  Going on three years now with my Super 5 pair.  Organic sounding with an unbelievable level of refinement and balance. 

Doodlebum

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2018, 12:04 am »
I just got the Junior 8 XRS. I cannot believe how good these things sound!

saygrr

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2018, 08:41 pm »
I have heard several single driver speakers. Brines and Lambhorn. Either  one would not be able to do large scale classical music very well. The Brines does small vocal and small instrumental music amazingly well. Will the Super Alnical High Output Monitor or the XRS tower version have  difficulty doing large scale classical music?  Examples are Stravinsky Rite of Spring , The Firebird , Mahler sym. 1 and 2.Shostakovich sym. 1 and 11. I also like Super Tramp and Allan  Parsons. I like the looks and simplicity of Omega speakers , but can the higher priced models reproduce the scale and dynamics of more challenging music.

Thanks much

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2018, 01:27 am »
ihor,

Thank you for mentioning Ranky Tanky. I like their sound.

Michael