Which Metal artists that have excellent sound quality recordings?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Archspire has good recording quality as well as incredibly technical playing.

Huck

Archspire has good recording quality as well as incredibly technical playing.
I will check 'em tonight.....uh,any particular title out of the 3 on Amazon Unlimited?.
I see they have 4 titles according to Discogs.
If any of the titles have any growling or 300bpm songs,I'm out?! Thanks,Huck
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2023, 07:53 pm by Huck »

Tyson

I will check 'em tonight.....uh,any particular title out of the 3 on Amazon Unlimited?.Thanks,Huck

I like Relentless Mutation.

Also, I’m not sure if Tool has already been mentioned but they have the best sound quality of any hard rock or heavy metal band I’ve heard.  Interesting music too, with cool time signatures.  I’d call them prog-metal.

Huck

I like Relentless Mutation.

Also, I’m not sure if Tool has already been mentioned but they have the best sound quality of any hard rock or heavy metal band I’ve heard.  Interesting music too, with cool time signatures.  I’d call them prog-metal.
I have 3 or 4 Tool CD's and they sound good once they get going,but a lot of slow,dragging on stuff,but some pretty well recorded.Thanks,Huck
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2023, 02:40 am by Huck »

Tyson

I have 3 or 4 Tool CD's and they sound good once they get going,but a lot of slow stuff,but some pretty well recorded.Thanks,Huck

Hmm, so you want songs that are not too fast, but also not too slow.  And no growling.  That's, uhm, pretty specific.

kenreau

Hmm, so you want songs that are not too fast, but also not too slow.  And no growling.  That's, uhm, pretty specific.

For more low (big bass) and slow, check out OM - Pilgrimage.  Very interesting

undertowogt1

ISIS - Wavering Radiant is great in My opinion, oh wait they Growl 50 percent of the time.
ISIS - The Absence of truth, neverminded , a lot of growling

Animals as Leaders - No singing, nice recordings

Opeth - In Cauda Venenum (2019) is very nice, but that might be considerd Prog.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

And SO good live. Their new album Parrhesia is good start to finish.

Huck

ISIS - Wavering Radiant is great in My opinion, oh wait they Growl 50 percent of the time.
ISIS - The Absence of truth, neverminded , a lot of growling

Opeth - In Cauda Venenum (2019) is very nice, but that might be considerd Prog.
Regarding AAL's,which of the 5 recordings sounds best in your opinion?.
I heard that one from Opeth.Thanks,Huck :thumb:

Jeff_From_Michigan

Try Pineapple Thief's "Your Wilderness","Versions of the Truth" and "Give it Back",all songs are pretty well recorded,but some of their other stuff,not so good,I think and I only like 3 or 4 titles.
I tried to send you some rec's,but you have me blocked.Send me PM if you like and I can give you some of my other rec's. Huck

Huck, I don't have you or anyone else blocked.  (I wasn't aware that you could do that, nor how to on this forum.) Just looked at my profile and noticed that I had it set up to only allow PM's from administrators, changed it to all members.

Thanks for alerting me to that.

cementhead

I just had Tremonti cranking last night. Great sounding album. Also, Circle II Circle never disappoints. Lords of Black will make you smile, I'm pretty sure.  :rock:

Huck

Huck, I don't have you or anyone else blocked.  (I wasn't aware that you could do that, nor how to on this forum.) Just looked at my profile and noticed that I had it set up to only allow PM's from administrators, changed it to all members.

I still get the notice saying I am blocked!
Send me a PM and I will give you some good sounding rec's.Huck :scratch:

Huck

I just had Tremonti cranking last night. Great sounding album. Also, Circle II Circle never disappoints. Lords of Black will make you smile, I'm pretty sure.  :rock:
Is Circle a Krautrock band?. I find 4 or 5 bands named Circle??
Which title(s) from LoB and Tremonti are the best for sound quality?
Listening to "A Dying Machine" on headphones right now...not bad at all!Thanks,Huck :popcorn:

Huck

Jeff...still getting blocked.Dumb question,but did you click on the box at bottom right that say's "Change Profile" after you made the P.M. change?.Huck

Jeff_From_Michigan

Jeff...still getting blocked.Dumb question,but did you click on the box at bottom right that say's "Change Profile" after you made the P.M. change?.Huck

Huck, not a dumb question. I am the dummy for not realizing that I had to hit change profile.  I'll PM you requesting recs.  The general type of metal I like includes bands like Deep Purple, Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc.. I'll include rock bands such as Dropkick Murphys, Van Halen, Zeppelin, AC/DC and the like. Guitar heroes not mentioned above, including: Robin Trower, Santana, Jeff Beck, Mark Knopfler, Stevie Ray (The best I ever saw or heard).

In other words, I am looking for the best sounding streamed albums. For reference, that would be Qobuz from router by ethernet to either a LUMIN T2 and/or D2 using the LUMIN App, -or- to the desktop from the computer via USB to WFS Recovery to the NuPrime IDA-8.

I'll go ahead and try PM'ing you now.

Huck

Huck, not a dumb question. I am the dummy for not realizing that I had to hit change profile.  I'll PM you requesting recs.  The general type of metal I like includes bands like Deep Purple, Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc.. I'll include rock bands such as Dropkick Murphys, Van Halen, Zeppelin, AC/DC and the like. Guitar heroes not mentioned above, including: Robin Trower, Santana, Jeff Beck, Mark Knopfler, Stevie Ray (The best I ever saw or heard).

In other words, I am looking for the best sounding streamed albums. For reference, that would be Qobuz from router by ethernet to either a LUMIN T2 and/or D2 using the LUMIN App, -or- to the desktop from the computer via USB to WFS Recovery to the NuPrime IDA-8.

I'll go ahead and try PM'ing you now.
Jeff:
 I sent you some songs both via PM and e-mail.let me know if you got 'em.Thanks,Huck

cementhead

Huck, Circle II Circle is an American band, The singer was in Savatage. Consequence of Power is excellent, Hell, they all are... Tremomti Dust is killer. I do not do streaming, but these cd's are very nice sounding.

Huck

Huck, Circle II Circle is an American band, The singer was in Savatage. Consequence of Power is excellent, Hell, they all are... Tremomti Dust is killer. I do not do streaming, but these cd's are very nice sounding.
Tremonti...Alter Bridge.
I have at least one Alter Bridge CD-(One Day Remains)
Myles Kennedy's old band...nice. Huck

DannyBadorine

+1. This is the obvious thing, as I said in the post 23 that Metal are recorded in PCM 24/44, the lowest quality format, except the vintage 16/44.
Incorrect.  You can't say that metal is recorded in 24/44.  That's just not true.  Most stuff is done in 24/96k or 32 bit float/96k.  It all depends on when and by whom it was recorded.  I'm not sure where you're getting your information.  I know plenty of engineers working on metal records and they don't choose to do anything in a low quality format.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Incorrect.  You can't say that metal is recorded in 24/44.  That's just not true.  Most stuff is done in 24/96k or 32 bit float/96k.  It all depends on when and by whom it was recorded.  I'm not sure where you're getting your information.  I know plenty of engineers working on metal records and they don't choose to do anything in a low quality format.
Most stuff is done in 24/96k or 32 bit float/96k.
Do you can show us any solid evidence of this miracle or just an opinion?
24/96 is the format various classical labels use today as BIS, before this BIS used 24/44 for many years, pop and rock bands use what the studio have on hand, unless the band are an icon of perfection as Pink Floyd or VDGG.