Sony PS3 is Boring

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Sony PS3 is Boring
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jul 2010, 11:00 pm »
I'm a serious Split Second and Command and Conquer: Red Alert kinda guy...I can grasp them pretty easy..I never could aim very well in FPSers. :thumb: :thumb:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #21 on: 18 Jul 2010, 12:03 am »
For those of us who came from the pc world, it is a trial to master the controller, but I remember that learning to use the mouse and keyboard was just as much of a trial, if not more.  Fast forward to these modern times, and you should see the crazy things my 13 years younger brother is pulling off on the ps3 controller.  He's working on things like jumping off of buildings in COD4 and doing a 360 in mid-air before he snipes someone without hardly zooming in.  He's great with the mouse/keyboard combo, too, but the ps3 controller is no great hindrance to his playing.

I'm firmly in your camp as far as preferring mouse/keyboard, but I can see how the younger generation have no problem at all with the controller.  PC gaming is sadly in danger of becoming extinct as a major force in the gaming industry.

Bemopti123

« Reply #22 on: 18 Jul 2010, 01:08 am »
For those of us who came from the pc world, it is a trial to master the controller, but I remember that learning to use the mouse and keyboard was just as much of a trial, if not more.  Fast forward to these modern times, and you should see the crazy things my 13 years younger brother is pulling off on the ps3 controller.  He's working on things like jumping off of buildings in COD4 and doing a 360 in mid-air before he snipes someone without hardly zooming in.  He's great with the mouse/keyboard combo, too, but the ps3 controller is no great hindrance to his playing.

I'm firmly in your camp as far as preferring mouse/keyboard, but I can see how the younger generation have no problem at all with the controller.  PC gaming is sadly in danger of becoming extinct as a major force in the gaming industry.

When it comes to value per $ spent in hardware and longevity, console based gaming systems are much more affordable than their PC equivalents and there is no issue with major upgrade, that the PC gaming camp always seem to be pushing.  Compatibility, nary.  Loading up game and OS saying, "patch missing" "hardware incompatibility" nope. 

Going back to the PS3 bitch'ng thread, the issue of the machine being unable to place difference video formats of burned DVDs, it is a big let down. 

I also agree with the quality of the games that are available for PS3...I got 5 games and I had to return Batman Lego for the PS3 due to a game glitch...got the same version for the Wii and my son is obsessed with it. 

The best feature of the PS3 is the download the game preview, then perhaps I am not much of a gamer as I think I should be.