Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
« on: 12 Nov 2011, 08:14 pm »
Anybody playing on Xbox?

Game is pretty cool so far.  Mostly playing special ops missions and survival waves to get used to the game.  Haven't yet tried multiplayer or the campaign.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:11 am »
I'm in.  8) ............on PS3. Sorry.

I'd love to see a thread about who likes MW3 compared to BF3. That should start a flame war.  :lol:

Neat stuff. pew pew.

Bob

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:16 am »

I'd love to see a thread about who likes MW3 compared to BF3. That should start a flame war.  :lol:

Neat stuff. pew pew.

Bob

I still haven't tried BF3 yet...too many games and not enough time.

Let's see, there is Forza 4, MW3, BF3, and Batman Arkham City - all released in the last month!!  On top of that, I still have games like Portal 2 and others I haven't gotten to.

Wish I had these things in college when I had loads of free time.  :wink:

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:22 am »
Wish I had these things in college when I had loads of free time.  :wink:
You mean playing "Pong" on "Intellivision"?  :lol:

The difference between MW and BF is vast.
If you like to run and gun, then MW (CoD) is your bag.
If you like strategy and teamwork, then BF is your bag.
(of course both of those a sweeping generalizations, to a certain extent, but not too far from the truth)

I was a CoD fanboy for a several years, until I played my first BF, which happened to be the newest release of BF3 a couple weeks ago. The shear vastness of BF was lost on this little ol boy.
It's....so....much.....bigger......  Trust me.

Maybe rent it for a weekend?

Bob

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:33 am »

Neat stuff. pew pew.

Bob

My 17 year-old like BF3, my 14 year-old likes MW3.  Go figure!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:39 am »
You mean playing "Pong" on "Intellivision"?  :lol:

The difference between MW and BF is vast.
If you like to run and gun, then MW (CoD) is your bag.
If you like strategy and teamwork, then BF is your bag.
(of course both of those a sweeping generalizations, to a certain extent, but not too far from the truth)

I was a CoD fanboy for a several years, until I played my first BF, which happened to be the newest release of BF3 a couple weeks ago. The shear vastness of BF was lost on this little ol boy.
It's....so....much.....bigger......  Trust me.

Maybe rent it for a weekend?

Bob

Bob,

While my kids think I am old...college for me was the original version of Xbox...junior high was Colleeco Vision and Intellivision was a little before that.   :green:

I have all the games I mentioned, so no need to rent, just have to find the time. 

I can switch between Forza and one of the FPS games (which is MW3 for now), but I don't like playing multiple FPS games at the same time.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:51 am »
My 17 year-old like BF3, my 14 year-old likes MW3.  Go figure!
Hmm...I can see that. For sure.  :thumb:

I can switch between Forza and one of the FPS games (which is MW3 for now), but I don't like playing multiple FPS games at the same time.
I know just what you mean. I can do GT5 (racing like Forsa) and do a FPS in the same night without a problem.
But going from one FPS to another in the same night is a bit of a bitch.
This old(ish) mind can't "think" fast enough to adjust between the two.  :?

But even though I suck at them all, they amuse me. And that's all that counts.  :thumb:

Bob

Zero

« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:54 am »
Modern Warfare 3 makes me want to punch babies in the face.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2011, 02:13 am »
Modern Warfare 3 makes me want to punch babies in the face.
:lol: Well, yes.....but.....it's fun in a way. Right?  :wink:

werd

« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2011, 08:10 pm »
I got to 15th prestige and a whole mess of golden guns. I was cleaning up pretty good. I ended up developing a nintendo thumb  :thumb: because of it. Every morning its stuck in one spot and i have to crack it back but it clicks all day. It maybe some type of authritis. IDK, i had to quit xbox outright. Got MW3 and it looks great but leaving it for the kids.  Might get it for the computer instead since the keyboard is not targeting my thumb like the xbox controllers do.

oh well.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2011, 09:41 pm »
I got to 15th prestige and a whole mess of golden guns. I was cleaning up pretty good. I ended up developing a nintendo thumb  :thumb: because of it. Every morning its stuck in one spot and i have to crack it back but it clicks all day. It maybe some type of authritis. IDK, i had to quit xbox outright. Got MW3 and it looks great but leaving it for the kids.  Might get it for the computer instead since the keyboard is not targeting my thumb like the xbox controllers do.

oh well.

Sorry to hear about that Lorne.  I really enjoyed playing Black Ops with you.

George

nomeans

« Reply #11 on: 1 Dec 2011, 05:46 am »
I'm really digging MW3. IW did a good job balancing it out. My girlfriend and I like to take out our daily aggression on this game. Funny story. When we first got together she said how playing video games are a waste of time. She never had a problem with me playing them as I'm not a hardcore game, I like to play every once and awhile. One day she was watching me play MW2 and started to saying watch out for the guy in the window with a sense of ergency in her voice. I didn't think much about it until one day I came home from work and she was playing MW2. I said "I thought playing video games is a waste of time?" She looked at me and just smiled. I told her I know it's a waste of time but it's surely a fun way to waste time. She agreed enthusiastically. So I bought her a PS3 and MW2 and we played together often. She bought her and I a copy of MW3 for my birthday. She has gotten pretty darn good and smokes me in TDM occasionally.  :lol:

Bob - What's your "go to" weapons selection?

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 1 Dec 2011, 04:32 pm »
I probably have 10-20 hours into the game now and overall I think it is pretty good. 

Is it "better" than Black Ops?  Not really.

I do like the new options for killstreaks.  Since I don't generally kill lots of people in a row, choosing the support path and having my kills accumulate instead of getting reset each time I die allows for access to some cool items that I normally would never reach.

One thing I am not totally crazy about is the way weapons have experience points and that your weapon level determines what feature/functionality you have access to.  You need to get fairly high up on each weapon before you get access to the cool stuff.  :-(  In Black Ops, it was all predicated on your overall level and money.

George

nomeans

« Reply #13 on: 1 Dec 2011, 07:11 pm »
I probably have 10-20 hours into the game now and overall I think it is pretty good. 

Is it "better" than Black Ops?  Not really.

I do like the new options for killstreaks.  Since I don't generally kill lots of people in a row, choosing the support path and having my kills accumulate instead of getting reset each time I die allows for access to some cool items that I normally would never reach.

One thing I am not totally crazy about is the way weapons have experience points and that your weapon level determines what feature/functionality you have access to.  You need to get fairly high up on each weapon before you get access to the cool stuff.  :-(  In Black Ops, it was all predicated on your overall level and money.

George

Was BO the first COD series game you purchased? I don't like the game engine Treyarch uses. It seems really primitive compared to IW's. Although, I REALLY like the Zombie sub-game. Treyarch nailed that one. It's very addictive. It's really comical how Activision is milking every last dollar out of the COD franchise. The Elite service is a complete waste of money, IMO. And the Doritos marketing is a riot. COD has definitely become a serious cash cow.

What are your favorite weapon, kill streak combos Mr. Zybar?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #14 on: 1 Dec 2011, 07:50 pm »
I just got it yesterday along with Batman AC, I have a whole boatload of shooters and was picking between BF3 and this, well I think I'm going to get BF3 also. This one is sharp and I have only one of the ones before it but the beta of BF3 looked better to me but at the urging of my boy I got this one-"it will be easier for you Dad". He plays 360 I play PS3 and I'll get both as I'm now officially getting hooked on these as my abilities to play them increases. I actually kill guys now....LOL!!!!!!

Batman--is incredible, and fun to play...in fact 4:30am last night even after just being discharged from the hospital--Drs. Orders!!!! :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 1 Dec 2011, 08:36 pm »
Was BO the first COD series game you purchased? I don't like the game engine Treyarch uses. It seems really primitive compared to IW's. Although, I REALLY like the Zombie sub-game. Treyarch nailed that one. It's very addictive. It's really comical how Activision is milking every last dollar out of the COD franchise. The Elite service is a complete waste of money, IMO. And the Doritos marketing is a riot. COD has definitely become a serious cash cow.

What are your favorite weapon, kill streak combos Mr. Zybar?

I had played MW2 somewhat before Black Ops, but not a lot.  I didn't really play the Zombie game in Black Ops, maybe I will have to try it.

Right now I have been using one the default light machine guns and either a machine pistol or launcher for my weapons.  I need to play around with the assault rifles more and determine which is best for me.  In Black Ops I was a big user of the Famas, Commando, M60, and AK74u.

As for killstreaks, I have mostly been using UAV, Counter UAV, SAM Turret, Recon Drone, Ballistic Vest, and Sentry.  When I get a little better, I can start selecting some of the 18 kill choices like Juggernaut, EMP, etc...

George   

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 1 Dec 2011, 09:12 pm »
I'm still new, new to being able to live long enough to enjoy these, you guys got any tips for me?? I have some questions, from a rookie so be nice.
1) I run out of ammo all the time, how do I change this?? Do I constantly swap out weapons??
2) How do you really step into a hand grenade throw?? I always throw them like 20 ft. I tried arching back and trying more arc, is that the best I can do??
3) Health? Do I heal over time?? I just seem to be hit a bunch then die and haven't seen health packs yet or health power-ups, am I looking for something that doesn't exist??

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 1 Dec 2011, 09:40 pm »
I'm still new, new to being able to live long enough to enjoy these, you guys got any tips for me?? I have some questions, from a rookie so be nice.
1) I run out of ammo all the time, how do I change this?? Do I constantly swap out weapons??
2) How do you really step into a hand grenade throw?? I always throw them like 20 ft. I tried arching back and trying more arc, is that the best I can do??
3) Health? Do I heal over time?? I just seem to be hit a bunch then die and haven't seen health packs yet or health power-ups, am I looking for something that doesn't exist??

I rarely run out of ammo for guns (launchers are a different story) - what weapons are you using?  You can either use the Scavenger perk to replenish your ammo, or grab guns that are lying around.

I believe that you can run/jump and throw for added distance (at least I could in Black Ops).  How far are you hoping to throw the grenade?

Yes, you heal over time (and rather quickly I may add).  You know when you have been really beat up by the sound of your breathing and the screen changing.  I am not aware of any health packs or power-ups.  However, you can get items such as a Ballistic Vest or use Perks such as Blast Shield to limit or minimize damage.

Hang in there and keep playing.  I know that sometimes it can be very frustrating to get killed quickly and constantly.  Learning the maps and figuring out which weapons/perks/equipment work best for you will go a long way towards making you a better player.

George

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 1 Dec 2011, 11:29 pm »
I'm having a ball.......its a hoot, and I figured I could throw a grenade further than 10ft.....
 Do you guys ever have rookies in your squad?? Like an AC assasination squad-LOL!!!!!

I have so many shooters that I have just given up on that are suddenly starting to click now....what do you guys play online? or say we have a bunch of us play and laugh and shoot each other up!!!  Where is BOB!!!!!   Bob!!!!  Come out and play?????

Here is what I got off the top of the head:
 Killzone 2 and 3
 Resistance 3
 MW3
 COD MW (1st one I think)
 Crysis 2 and 1
 Dues Ex
 Rage
 Borderlands
 Brink
 Army of Two (40 days??)
 Homefront

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 2 Dec 2011, 12:09 am »
I'm having a ball.......its a hoot, and I figured I could throw a grenade further than 10ft.....
 Do you guys ever have rookies in your squad?? Like an AC assasination squad-LOL!!!!!

I have so many shooters that I have just given up on that are suddenly starting to click now....what do you guys play online? or say we have a bunch of us play and laugh and shoot each other up!!!  Where is BOB!!!!!   Bob!!!!  Come out and play?????

Here is what I got off the top of the head:
 Killzone 2 and 3
 Resistance 3
 MW3
 COD MW (1st one I think)
 Crysis 2 and 1
 Dues Ex
 Rage
 Borderlands
 Brink
 Army of Two (40 days??)
 Homefront