New receiver

Charles Calkins

New receiver
« on: 21 Feb 2021, 06:13 pm »

Hi Guys:

It is time for me to get a new surround sound receiver. My Onkyo is 14 years old.
             My price limit is about $600.00. I've my eyes on a Yamaha and Denon. I've looked EVERYWHEAR!!!
             For these receivers. Nobody has one. Some sites say they don't know when they will get one.
              Others say on backorder expecting one in about a month. :duh: :duh: :duh:
              I did not realize how popular home theater surround sound systems are. In my case I watch a DVD
              about once a week at the most. My main 2 channel audio system is playing about 12 or more hours a day.

Cheers
                                                                       Charlie

SoCalWJS

Re: New receiver
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2021, 06:33 pm »
If you'd consider refurbished (and saving some $$$), Accessories4less seems to have stock. I bought a Denon awhile back and have been very happy. Flawless operation and they threw in a 3 year warranty.

https://www.accessories4less.com/

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2021, 07:22 pm »
If you'd consider refurbished (and saving some $$$), Accessories4less seems to have stock. I bought a Denon awhile back and have been very happy. Flawless operation and they threw in a 3 year warranty.

https://www.accessories4less.com/
           Same thing "Notify me when availabe" Crazy isn't it!!!!!

Thank you Charlie

SoCalWJS

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2021, 08:58 pm »
           Same thing "Notify me when availabe" Crazy isn't it!!!!!

Thank you Charlie
Weird. I was just at their site and checked a couple of Denon receivers in the $500-600 range and both appeared to be available. One said stock low and the other just said “In stock”.

JDoyle

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2021, 09:08 pm »

Che422

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2021, 11:45 am »
I've had luck with several pieces in the NAD line, which covers the gamut of price points. 

MonnieRock

• Key to happiness is knowing what makes you happy
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2021, 06:28 am »
Charlie,

Have you considered the Yamaha TSR-700 at Costco for $399?  It's the same as the RX-V6A but branded for Costco.

The Adventage line of Yamaha has a $699 model, the RX-A2A at Accessories4Less Factory Refurb

All of the HDMI 2.1 AVR units have HDMI chipset problems. Yamaha is choosing to do free daughter board upgrades starting in the fall.  Unsure if the Adventage line up is affected. Denon has said the will send out free external adapter boxes.

Monnie