In Progress Cabinet for Neo2x

Ron

Re: In Progress Cabinet for Neo2x
« Reply #40 on: 27 May 2009, 02:41 pm »
 A few days ago the Ninja posted a photograph of a crossover he constructed for a Neo 2X. In the photo it appears that the Sonicap capacitors are bypassed with what appears to be Sonicap Platinum capacitors. The Neo 2X's that I just finished builting have Sonicaps without any bypass caps and sound fantasic. Wondering if adding the Platinum bypass caps make that much of an audible improvement in the sound quality? Hard to imagine my Neo 2X's sounding any better.

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 27 May 2009, 03:41 pm »
Wondering if adding the Platinum bypass caps make that much of an audible improvement in the sound quality?

Yep. It improves resolution levels across the board. It makes Blacker Blacks, and it's cleaner overall.

chip

« Reply #42 on: 27 May 2009, 05:29 pm »
Sorry I haven't had tons of time with mine between other house projects and the kids. I really do like them though.
I do wish my crossover build looked as clean as the Ninjas.....

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #43 on: 27 May 2009, 06:57 pm »
To receive the aforementioned benefits of the platinum caps do they need to be on every cap or just in the tweeter circuit?

Danny Richie

« Reply #44 on: 27 May 2009, 07:02 pm »
You will get the most benefit in the tweeter circuit and some benefit in the woofer circuit.

I often use the Platinum's in the tweeter circuit and Gen.2 Sonicaps in the woofer circuit.

RogerB

« Reply #45 on: 29 May 2009, 08:16 pm »
Yesterday I received my networks from the Ninja!!!!  They look exactly like the one the Ninja photographed on page 2 of this thread minus the platinum capacitors.  Very nice work by the Ninja!!!

If anyone out there is electronically challenged, as I am, but want your networks built right for your  Neo-2X (or any other GR Research kit) don't hesitate to have Danny ship the network components to the Ninja for assembly when you order your kit!!

It would have taken me a heck of a long time to assemble the networks and I would have never been sure that I got it right.  Best money I ever spent having the Ninja experts do it for me!!!!  Sean even called me to verify the type of connections I wanted!  A true gentleman!

Thanks Sean and Danny!!

Roger