What are you watching right now?

WGH

What are you watching right now?
« on: 20 Jul 2023, 06:03 pm »
07-20-2023

The writers may be on strike but plenty of new shows are streaming right now. My weekly watch list includes:

Hijack - a taught 7 episode thriller starring Idris Elba, 230 passengers and an airplane. This is one show where you can't let your attention drift, the most common questions are "who got shot?" and "he got stabbed?"
Secret Invasion - Samuel L. Jackson returns as Nick Fury after the snap
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - season 2 - well done self contained episodes remind me why I liked Star Trek in the beginning
Full Circle - a tense kidnapping drama by Steven Soderbergh with an all star cast including Timothy Olyphant, Claire Danes, Dennis Quaid, and Jim Gaffigan. Don't let your attention drift here either.
Tom Clancey's Jack Ryan - season 4 - Jack is back to save the world
Foundation - season 2 - Isaac Asimov's dense novels become a dense TV series
Justified: City Primeval - Timothy Olyphant return Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens helping solve a double murder in a very gritty Detroit. Timothy's real life daughter co-stars as Raylan's daughter. Boyd Holbrook as Clement Mansell is an especially violent and ruthless adversary.
Lincoln Lawyer - season 2 - entertaining, plenty of worse things out there
Sweet Tooth - season 2 - the first season was better, season 2 finally gets in a groove around episode 5 of the 8 part season. A barbecue would have made it more interesting, kids will like it anyway.

SlushPuppy

Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2023, 06:35 pm »
07-20-2023

The writers may be on strike but plenty of new shows are streaming right now. My weekly watch list includes:

Hijack - a taught 7 episode thriller starring Idris Elba, 230 passengers and an airplane. This is one show where you can't let your attention drift, the most common questions are "who got shot?" and "he got stabbed?"
Secret Invasion - Samuel L. Jackson returns as Nick Fury after the snap
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - season 2 - well done self contained episodes remind me why I liked Star Trek in the beginning[/size]
Full Circle - a tense kidnapping drama by Steven Soderbergh with an all star cast including Timothy Olyphant, Claire Danes, Dennis Quaid, and Jim Gaffigan. Don't let your attention drift here either.
Tom Clancey's Jack Ryan - season 4 - Jack is back to save the world
Foundation - season 2 - Isaac Asimov's dense novels become a dense TV series
Justified: City Primeval - Timothy Olyphant return Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens helping solve a double murder in a very gritty Detroit. Timothy's real life daughter co-stars as Raylan's daughter. Boyd Holbrook as Clement Mansell is an especially violent and ruthless adversary.
Lincoln Lawyer - season 2 - entertaining, plenty of worse things out there
Sweet Tooth - season 2 - the first season was better, season 2 finally gets in a groove around episode 5 of the 8 part season. A barbecue would have made it more interesting, kids will like it anyway.

I watch one hour of television a week. This is where I spend that hour.

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 6 Aug 2023, 09:58 pm »
Joe Pickett - modern western crime series based on the novels "Open Season" and "Winterkill" by C.J. Box. Just finished season 1 with season 2 waiting in the wings.
Dark Winds - Season 2 -  modern crime thriller series based on the novels by Tony Hillerman with Navajo police officers Joe Leaphorn & Jim Chee. All the action takes place on the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona. Excellent!
Reservation Dogs - Season 3 - the best series currently on TV created by Sterlin Harjo and Taika Waititi. It is the first series to feature all Indigenous writers and directors, along with an almost entirely Indigenous North American cast and production team. It is also the first series to be filmed entirely in Oklahoma. Start with Season 1 if you haven't watched it yet. Humorous, poignant and mystical.
Special Ops: Lioness - slightly better than average fast paced spy thriller with guns, running and jumping starring Zoe Saldaña with Nicole Kidman and Morgan Freeman showing up once in a while.
The Witcher - Season 3, Part 2 - everyone's favorite monster slayer is back with 5 new episodes.

bentconvert

« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2023, 03:13 pm »
Joe Pickett season two is available now.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2023, 08:45 pm »

The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan (Episode I of III)

Much better than any versions, I have seen in the past.