Mouse madness. Without a good mouse... "My KINGDOM for a mouse"....

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
SO to go with my new laptop I bought a mouse, then returned it. Bought a more expensive mouse. Returned that. Then bought a $100 mouse. Surely THAT would work well?? nope. p.o.s .as usual. Clicking with it fifty times in a row was driving me crazy... (I had to hit the button just right..)
SO I decided Gaming mouse.
Not only did I buy one corded gaming mouse. I bought five corded, and a cordless. What the heck! They were all on sale near or over 50% off ($64 for a retail $150 mouse.. Best Buy.)... SO I spent $200 on some mice.
The first one right off is great. aside from the annoying cord. Then no feeling I need to turn it off to save it. Plus with a cord is no batteries, no losing the WiFi connection (losing the wifi was the deal breaker with the $100 mouse.
SO I figure with the Christmas season meaning I can return some way into the start of January....
I will have time to discover MY MOUSE. the one I can actually use and not want to hit hard blows wacking it out of frustration.... It really IS all about the buttons.
I actually need two.. So it is not all just borrowing.. And I may keep more than two, particularly if the both work great

SoCalWJS

Yeah, it usually takes me several attempts at getting the settings correct on the “click/double click” adjustments before it works right on a consistent basis. Then it seems to work ok. For me. Been using the same wireless Logitech USB Mouse for years. Batteries seem to last well over a year w/o ever turning it off.

*Scotty*

Hi Elizabeth, what mice did you wind up buying if I may inquire. Season's greetings by the way.
I bought a Corsair Darkcore gaming mouse. Great mouse but crap software. I can't recommend it for that reason.
Scotty

Elizabeth

I bought everal wired gaming mice. I tried the Logitech G502Se but in rality the main keys are just the same cheap keys as all Logitech. So that one is out. #2 has been the RAZER Basilisk. Which is a lot better. Though it also sometimes starts not fully clicking when I clock it 'lightly' THe problem is I am holding it further back, and am pressing the button further back... Plus this only happens when my hand is tired.. So IMO it is pretty much my fault.
I also bought a few others I have not tried yet. Another Razer, and some more Logitech.
I do not like 'big' mice. So the Basilisk is just right.
In playing my fav/ game I have taken up clicking the button with my left hand on the laptop gizmo swapped right for left   (I generally hate the laptop substitute for a mouse) but it is a good way to keep my right  finger from crashing from overuse.  I mean hitting the same key 80 times plus 80 times plus maybe another 50..... all repeated 12 times.. (I am breaking up the pressing into two sets.)

*Scotty*

Carpel tunnel from gaming might a little over the top. Anything that would reduce the likelihood of a repetitive use injury would be a good thing. Can you set up any macros to reduce the number of mouse clicks?
 My next mouse might be an ASUS gaming mouse. They make a couple of them and one of them might be just the ticket.
I have to check the reviews on them before purchasing. The less expensive model in the ASUS website store is only $50 on sale and it appears smaller than their flagship model.
Hope the new mice work out for you.
Scotty

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/peripheral/mice/mm710/

Or cheapy

https://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-ROC-11-310-AM-Tri-Button-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B009DYOPJ6
This cooler master will attract dust inside, also it have lateral buttons that made a mouse too complex for good,

Iam using a simple game mouse similar to this Roccat for 3 years, before I had a expensive Microsoft ergonomic model with 3 years warranty but it last only 6 months and that warranty was so nasty I could not use it.

I had to send the bad mouse to Microsoft at my expense to they evaluate the product and if proven the product is defective they will send me another by mail. Microsoft products never more.

RoadTripper

Since you didn't start off with a gaming mouse, you must not have had a gaming use-case in mind when you started this odyssey. Therefore my recommendation is a track-ball. I loved cleaning the dust off the sensor thingies a couple times a week. Then I retired and haven't seen one since.

Elizabeth

For every day sitting at a desk use a trackball is wonderful/ For gaming a trackball is a pita in my opinion) One of the nicest things about a mouse when 'collecting' is being able to swipe the mouse just right to pick up dozens, over and over. a trackball just gets annoying in comparison.
I tried a thumb trackball. OMG what an impossible thing. MY old stiff thumb would never cope. Index finger trackball like I used to use would be better... but as mentioned above.. for multiple pickups, nothing beats a mouse.