OmegaStar Phase Inverter/Bridge

rwalton

« on: 6 Nov 2003, 05:39 pm »
Hello,

I was reading on your website about the phase inverter/bridge.  I was intrigued by the idea of using it to make a single stereo amp sound better (in addition to it's bridging capability).  While I have a general idea of how it works, I was wondering if this strategy is employed within the design of your amplifiers, and if not why?  I searched the archives and didn't see any previous discussion about this.  Thanks in advance for any additional information!

Rick

rwalton

Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2003, 03:39 am »
Was my question not worthy of a reply?  Even a reply that explains why it isn't worthy of a reply would be educational to me!

Rick

dvb

Well, it is Saturday night
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:44 am »
And it may be that Frank and Larry actually have a life!  Maybe you'll have more luck come Monday!  :wink:

rwalton

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2003, 07:25 pm »
Sorry if you thought I was being impatent.  As you can see from the dates between my posts, it was 9 days.  In addition, ava had responded to other posts during that time.   I was only posting again to bump it to the top of the list.  Perhaps the post was overlooked.  I am just interested in the answer to the question.  I didn't think it was unreasonable to mention it again.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2003, 07:34 pm »
You might try PMing AVA, rwalton.  Usually they check in to answer questions pretty frequenty, but they sometimes have stretches where they're not around very often.

avahifi

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2003, 10:46 pm »
Sorry, I simply overlooked your November 6th post and have not had a chance to answer until now (it was a family weekend).

Anyway, the phase inverter bridge usefullness to help a single stereo amp sound better is dependent upon the quality of the amplifier itself.  The better and more stable and non-interacting between channels the amplifier is, the less useful the phase inverter is in making it better.  Our own amplifiers don't need the help, as all have seperate regulated supplies for each channel's small signal circuits.  Thus this circuit is not built into AVA amplifiers.  It can be useful with other amplifiers (some more than others) and we provided the information simply as a use suggestion for owners to try.

Frank Van Alstine

rwalton

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2003, 01:09 am »
Hello,

Thanks very much for your reply!  Much appreciated.

Rick