Remote option on all preamps

SJ David

Remote option on all preamps
« on: 18 Sep 2012, 04:53 am »
Is the volume remote an option on the T8?  Not quite sure from listing of options on the website. Unfortunately for me the remote is a must have.

David

Wayner

Re: Remote option on all preamps
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2012, 11:56 am »
Even though it's not listed as an option, I believe that it is, and I see it on a photo of the T8+ on the website. To get the remote to work, there is a motorized volume control, and a remote sensor card that is located above the power switch. I believe the price for this option is $299.

Wayner

Mary

• Industry Participant
  • AVA Associate
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:39 pm »
Hi David,

The remote control option is available on all AVA preamplifiers.  Sorry for the confusion and for bringing this to my attention.  I will promptly get the website corrected.

Mary

Afterimage

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2012, 03:33 am »
will the remotes ever have input select?  For those of us tying an audio video system together it is handy.  For example, watching a football game listening to music and you want to quick select input for tv only so you can hear what they are saying in the moment but then turn it back to the music.

Wayner

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2012, 12:05 pm »
Probably not.

Wayner

SJ David

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2012, 02:02 pm »
Hi David,

The remote control option is available on all AVA preamplifiers.  Sorry for the confusion and for bringing this to my attention.  I will promptly get the website corrected.

Mary

That's the answer I needed. Now to make good on my promise to myself to invest in something new from AVA.  Don't need a tube preamp but I wanted one. American made, less than $2k, good value, remote volume, and well supported. It came down to Rogue and AVA. My sense is that I will like the T8 best so the order was sent.