Klaus says all 4 of my Kismets are on his bench

Chrisandalex1

Klaus says all 4 of my Kismets are on his bench
« on: 3 Mar 2015, 07:59 pm »
Woo Hoo, the wait is almost over.  Klaus tells me he will have them finished on Thursday, and Faceplates delivered shortly thereafter.

Time to Rock my Neighborhood.

GentleBender

Re: Klaus says all 4 of my Kismets are on his bench
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2015, 08:11 pm »
 :thumb: I know the wait for mine was killing me. Good to hear you will have them soon. I am still amazed how they sound! Now I am waiting for the Vapor Auroras. I hate the waiting game, Amazon Prime has spoiled me. If the Auroras are only half as good as the Odyssey Cyclops (I know they will be awesome), it will be worth the wait. You have quite the wait for the Perfect Storms, but again, you have a lot of toys to play with.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2015, 08:46 pm »
Yeah, I am not worried about the Perfect Storms at all.  As a matter of fact, I am very content with Ryan taking his time and tweaking them after AXPONA.

The wait will be worth it.

Exercising Patience Sucks, but such is life.

I am stoked you are digging the Odyssey world too.

I bought this entire system without ever hearing any of them.  Crazy, but fun.

GentleBender

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2015, 08:58 pm »
I ordered all my stuff without any audition as well.  :lol: So far I am very glad I did. Can't say I didn't stalk these forums and many others to dig out any details I could find. This equipment is just way beyond anything out of a store, not saying it is better than "anything" out there, but the price to performance ratio plus having input to the design is amazing.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2015, 09:03 pm »
I agree, I too spent a lot of time reading and speaking to others here on the forum before I bought.  Then I kept upgrading my order with Klaus..  Now I am maxed out on his product as well as room to fit more.  Otherwise I probably would have had him make them all in Stratos cases.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2015, 01:08 am »
Woo Hoo, all my amps are boxed up and shipping tomorrow.

It is all coming together.  Only 13 more days, and I am going to rock out for a bit.

Eugene2

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2015, 01:48 am »
Congratulations!!!  Now if I could only get mine...   :green:

GentleBender

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2015, 09:26 am »
Awesome, can't wait to hear your impressions. My Vapor Auroras are packed and shipping tomorrow too! I'll be taking Friday off to celebrate. This is step 2 (get real speakers) which came after step 1 (get a real amp and phono stage). Next is turntable and some DSPeaker love.

cementhead

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2015, 07:54 pm »
Hey Bender, sounds like I did the same thing, "real" soeakers after the amp and pre. curious to how the auroras sound.I do see myself getting different speakers in the future,the distant future... :wink:

JackD

« Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2015, 02:30 am »
cementhead

If what Klaus and others say about the Kismet speakers is true you would have to go into five digits to get an improvement.  My Lorelei's easily outdid my 3 times the price Vandersteen Treo's which are gone to a new home. Many times more expensive is not better, just different.  Get yourself a pair of Skylan or Tyler Acoustics stands to go with your Kismet BR monitors and you should be good to go for a long time.  On another note you might want to monitor the heat from that stacked Odyssey amp and preamp in that enclosed space.  That amp needs room to breath.  If WAF requires that type of setup you need to find some type of riser system to get the preamp directly off of the amp.

GentleBender

« Reply #10 on: 17 Mar 2015, 09:49 am »
Hey Bender, sounds like I did the same thing, "real" soeakers after the amp and pre. curious to how the auroras sound.I do see myself getting different speakers in the future,the distant future... :wink:

What amp did you go with? My speakers were supposed to be the distant future too, but between a great deal and that slippery slope of HiFi, I jumped down the slide quickly.  :lol: I know Jack is right about Odyssey's speakers because Klaus builds great products. I love Odyssey Audios products, but I didn't want to wait for speakers, nor could I aford them new. I've seen a few come up on Agon at great prices. Though most sellers don't want to ship them due to the size and no longer having the boxes. Why are all my favorite audio brands so far from Florida?  :cry: Seems most of the items up for sale are far away and shipping costs are crazy. Maybe since it is miserable up there in the winter, there are more people spending time indoors listening to music.  :scratch:

Watch that slippery slope and enjoy your setup since I am positive that the amp has changed everything for the better.

Cheers,
Jason

cementhead

« Reply #11 on: 17 Mar 2015, 12:00 pm »
yea, gotta get on that stacking thing. these amps do run cool, but I hear you with separating them.Thanx for the stand recommendation, I've been looking and have not checked out those.cool about your Loreleis, as I was looking at Vandersteens also.along with Zu, Gershman, Von schweikert and a few more, but as I said, Klaus hooked me up and I just can't imagine a big improvement over these Kismets. The Khartago amp is maxed out and I simply sit and am impressed everytime I listen. :banana piano:

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #12 on: 25 Mar 2015, 03:31 am »
We are getting there.  Only a few more days before I can start to enjoy the new system.

Thanks Klaus.

GentleBender

« Reply #13 on: 25 Mar 2015, 12:35 pm »
We are getting there.  Only a few more days before I can start to enjoy the new system.

Thanks Klaus.

Are you sure you have enough power there?  :lol: That is a nice setup! :thumb: May need ear plugs to keep your ear drums intact... :nono:

Congratulations Chris!

cementhead

« Reply #14 on: 25 Mar 2015, 01:09 pm »
excess is best! Looks like you are pretty well "excessived" out :P

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #15 on: 25 Mar 2015, 01:14 pm »
Yes, Isn't more always better?

I am sure it will meet my needs.  Well, I hope anyway.

marflao

« Reply #16 on: 26 Mar 2015, 07:16 am »

Thanks Klaus.

Chris,

I´m curious what you intend to "drive" with it. Could you pls explain it a bit.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
M.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #17 on: 26 Mar 2015, 01:56 pm »
Chris,

I´m curious what you intend to "drive" with it. Could you pls explain it a bit.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
M.

For right now the very first set of Von Schweikert VR4jr mkiv's, a VS Visiun Center and a pair of TS-150 surrounds.  I will then have two V-10 Shockwave subs that run off of the left and right woofer cabinets of the VR4jr's.

marflao

« Reply #18 on: 26 Mar 2015, 02:37 pm »
Well.....that "sounds" like a lot of fun to watch movies / listen to music. ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to elaborate and....Congratulations for this brilliant setup!!!!

ATB,
M.

Eugene2

« Reply #19 on: 29 Mar 2015, 04:39 pm »
Received my Updated Kismet from Klaus.  It started as a Kismet Integrated with an out board power supply for both the Kismet stereo amp and preamp, which means the stereo amp board was mounted in the preamp chassis.  The new setup takes the Kismet stereo amp board out of the pre chassis and replaced it with the left channel Kismet amp board, the right channel Kismet board is placed in a Khartago Amp chassis with the right channel power supply.  So now there are three boxes.  It's only been playing for about 16 hours but already the sound is much improved broader soundstage, improved micro dynamics, etc.