yup, this is how sweeeeeeeet success looks like.......

GentleBender

Re: yup, this is how sweeeeeeeet success looks like.......
« Reply #41 on: 1 Apr 2015, 02:54 pm »
How will this phono stage be connected to the Cyclops if one will also use "the digital" route (e.g. something like a streamer as for instance SBT, Aries...) besides a TT?

Have you "implemented" one additional RCA input for Jason´s Cyclops?

No extra input. But I can simply unplug the phono stage and connect any other source. I've done it a few times and it works well, but I really love the sound of my vinyl. I would like to get into the digital later and figure out what DAC works for me and that may change my mind. Got quite a bit of money tied up in vinyl at the moment and have no near future plans to jump ship.  8)

It has been unanimous among all visitors that Odyssey Audio is king!  :thankyou: Nobody can believe the dead quiet background! Nothing! I can crank the Cyclops up to 100% and still nothing. This improves the dynamics in any type of music so much. When the music goes from blasting your ears with sonic guitars to dead silence the emotional impact is unexplainable. Tool's AEnima and the song Eulogy is so incredible now with the slow build leading to the exploding heavy guitars, drums, bass and vocals. Never had I realized how all the small (not so small) things add up and make a good experience phenomenal. :o I've never heard Tool or anything else I've played sound so good, even with headphones.

Thank you Klaus and Company! You build dreams come to life.
« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2015, 12:05 pm by GentleBender »

marflao

« Reply #42 on: 2 Apr 2015, 11:35 am »
No extra input. But I can simply unplug the phono stage and connect any other source. I've done it a few times and it works well, but I really love the sound of my vinyl. I would like to get into the digital later and figure out what DAC works for me and that my change my mind. Got quite a bit of money tied up in vinyl at the moment and have no near future plans to jump ship.  8)

Thanks for the explanation, Jason.
Well...in case this plug/unplug situation will go on your nerves I bet Klaus will have the proper pre-amp to avoid the current scenario. ;-)

GentleBender

« Reply #43 on: 2 Apr 2015, 12:08 pm »
Thanks for the explanation, Jason.
Well...in case this plug/unplug situation will go on your nerves I bet Klaus will have the proper pre-amp to avoid the current scenario. ;-)

Odyssey does have several solutions, but not sure if they will sound as good as the dedicated Suspiro.  :scratch:

Arcticdeth

« Reply #44 on: 23 Apr 2015, 01:34 am »
YES, a much welcomed " CONGRATS " to you and your exploding business!!  may success find its way to your door for m any years to come.

still saving Klaus.

Rusty

GentleBender

« Reply #45 on: 24 Apr 2015, 09:01 pm »
Are you ready for another award? Good luck and I hope you got some sleep before the show, not like this is new to you though. 8) Like a BOSS!