Train

Charles Calkins

Train
« on: 20 May 2021, 03:57 am »

Hi Guys:
                 I'm a big fan of Train music and live shows. I've seen them twice live. Once in Fresno and once in San Jose.
                  Tickets for their September show at Harvey's out door arena in Stateline Nv. will be for sale this Friday.
                  I don't think I'll seem them there. Why???? Tickets start at $350.00 each.
                   Wnen we saw them in Fresno we stayed over night in a Best western motel. That trip only cost me
                   around $600.00. We don't get much for our$$$$$$$$$ these days. Inflation?????

Charlie

Craig B

Re: Train
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2021, 11:20 am »
$350 a seat for Train is absolutely absurd, IMO.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2021, 01:37 pm »
I was given tickets to a Train show about 16/17 years ago by one of my suppliers.  I was familiar with their big hit at the time but otherwise just went because they were great seats and made for a cheap night out. Their show didn’t make a fan of me and I’ve always been surprised when they headline big venues. 

I’d like to believe that the law of supply and demand still exists at some level so I guess we’ll see how many people are willing to pay those prices.  I never thought I’d be paying close to $10 for a 2” x 4” stud so nothing surprises me these days. To go deeper than that will take this down a political avenue that’s a no no here.

guf

« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2021, 02:10 pm »
where are you seeing these tickets prices?  i'm only seeing presale info and premium tickets?

guf

« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2021, 02:17 pm »
presale password "lake" 

as a avid concert goer, as a SF resident, as a pop music radio fan, i like Train by default but wouldn't go see them. Your complaint sounded so absurd I had to research. NO way is an Another Planet  show going to be 350$.  And for Train?!

http://apeconcerts.com/events/train-2/

Charles Calkins

« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2021, 03:14 pm »

Hi Guys:
                 Their show tickets will be onsale to the public tomorrow. On Ticketmaster.com

Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2021, 03:39 pm »
presale password "lake" 

as a avid concert goer, as a SF resident, as a pop music radio fan, i like Train by default but wouldn't go see them. Your complaint sounded so absurd I had to research. NO way is an Another Planet  show going to be 350$.  And for Train?!

http://apeconcerts.com/events/train-2/
            Guf:
                  I used the passcode lake and bought two tickets for their show. I was wrong about the price of the tickets.
                  The cost me $266.00. How do you get a passcode? I've seen it but have no idea how to get one.

Charlie

guf

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2021, 04:45 pm »
that was presale yesterday.... maybe they sold out of presale tickets?  Another planet email updates include presale codes.    I love that Tahoe venue.... just a parking lot but  looks like bleachers set up for your show.  have fun!