SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION

goskers

Re: SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION
« Reply #40 on: 8 Nov 2016, 01:40 am »
Looks like I'll be meeting you guys there!

reillyzing

« Reply #41 on: 8 Nov 2016, 05:52 am »
Starting at $12,000., according to the website.

reillyzing

« Reply #42 on: 8 Nov 2016, 05:53 am »
duplicate post

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: 8 Nov 2016, 02:07 pm »
Starting at $12,000., according to the website.

See the first post...

The speaker itself will sell for around $10,000 in the USA market, then you choose the processor solution that best fits your needs, ranging from $100 to $6500.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #44 on: 8 Nov 2016, 04:41 pm »
So which is it?

The website states "starting at $12k" and lists additional costs for the required external crossover.

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #45 on: 8 Nov 2016, 04:42 pm »
So which is it?

The website states "starting at $12k" and lists additional costs for the required external crossover.

George
As it says it's $10k in the USA market.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #46 on: 8 Nov 2016, 04:53 pm »
As it says it's $10k in the USA market.

Jason,

It actually doesn't say that.

Clayton's first post in the thread says that the speaker itself will sell for around $10k.  I don't see anywhere where he explicitly states the price for the speaker.  If I am missing it, please point me to it.

The Spatial website currently states that the X-1 starts at $12k.

Hence, why I posted.

I'll just contact Clayton directly...

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: 8 Nov 2016, 04:54 pm »
Jason,

It actually doesn't say that.

Clayton's first post in the thread says that the speaker itself will sell for around $10k.  I don't see anywhere where he explicitly states the price for the speaker.  If I am missing it, please point me to it.

The Spatial website currently states that the X-1 starts at $12k.

Hence, why I posted.

I'll just contact Clayton directly...

George

Yes it does. I even took it from the first post above.

genjamon

« Reply #48 on: 8 Nov 2016, 04:58 pm »
Yes it does. I even took it from the first post above.

From the website: "The revolutionary X1 loudspeaker is now available for pre-order, starting at $12,000 per pair. "

http://www.spatialaudio.us/x1-main

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: 8 Nov 2016, 05:18 pm »
I don't understand why you guys don't understand.  It clearly says in the first post what the USA price is. 

genjamon

« Reply #50 on: 8 Nov 2016, 05:25 pm »
Well, maybe because the website doesn't specify that the US has a different price structure, perhaps???  Prices can have a tendency to change over time, you know.  And usually they don't go down... 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #51 on: 8 Nov 2016, 05:49 pm »
I don't understand why you guys don't understand.  It clearly says in the first post what the USA price is.

It doesn't.

It says what I posted - which is not an explicit price as I previously stated.

Details matter...

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: 8 Nov 2016, 06:29 pm »
It doesn't.

It says what I posted - which is not an explicit price as I previously stated.

Details matter...

George

First post, second paragraph ,second sentence.  Clear to me.

The X1 pricing will work by a simple menu approach. The speaker itself will sell for around $10,000 in the USA market, then you choose the processor solution that best fits your needs, ranging from $100 to $6500. The simplest option is a Smart Monobloc DSP amplifier module that fits into the X1 chassis and allows plug and play from your preamp output, priced at $2500/pr. The top option is the amazing DEQX HDP5 which provides full preamp/control center/ remote control/ electronic crossover and room correction. This unit is completely transparent, so it can even be used in systems with vinyl sources. DSP is now good enough that the conversion is no longer audible. This open architecture approach allows flexibility to upgrade later and for future technology (Vinnie !?!). Optional finishes like gloss paint and solid wood front panels are available as well. Detailed pricing will be on our website shortly. Orders are stacking up already, so at least place a refundable deposit if you think you will want a pair. Orders will be processed in chronological order. The first 6 pairs are heading to Europe and Asia in November, with serial production starting in December. Lead times will hopefully be around 4 weeks starting in December. The world debut will be at the Munich show next spring. We are already swamped with magazine requests for review, so there should be plenty of independent commentary available in 2017. The first major review will likely be in STEREOPLAY Magazine in Germany, which is one the very best audio magazines in the world.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your enthusiasm and moral support over the years. Many audiophiles and industry veterans realize that I am making a long term, concerted effort to push the art forward with new and effective ideas, so your kind comments have been very much appreciated.

Clayton Shaw
Spatial Audio Lab

genjamon

« Reply #53 on: 8 Nov 2016, 06:48 pm »
"Around $10,000" does not necessarily mean "exactly $10,000".  Some may interpret $12,000 to be "around" $10,000 - and from what is on the actual website, Clayton would appear to me to be one of those individuals.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #54 on: 8 Nov 2016, 06:50 pm »
"Around $10,000" does not necessarily mean "exactly $10,000".  Some may interpret $12,000 to be "around" $10,000 - and from what is on the actual website, Clayton would appear to me to be one of those individuals.
OK, you go with that!   :thumb:  I'll go with what I've read and put a deposit on.  Oh, and booked a trip to UT to see/hear them.   :green:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #55 on: 8 Nov 2016, 08:07 pm »
OK, you go with that!   :thumb:  I'll go with what I've read and put a deposit on.  Oh, and booked a trip to UT to see/hear them.   :green:

Jason,

If you talked to Clayton and he said it was $10k, why couldn't you simply state that 3 posts ago?

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: 8 Nov 2016, 08:08 pm »
Jason,

If you talked to Clayton and he said it was $10k, why couldn't you simply state that 3 posts ago?

George

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146217.msg1564788#msg1564788

shadowlight

« Reply #57 on: 8 Nov 2016, 08:27 pm »
From the website:

"US customers - call for domestic pricing", so it seems that the pricing for US is different but not exactly sure what.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #58 on: 8 Nov 2016, 08:42 pm »
From the website:

"US customers - call for domestic pricing", so it seems that the pricing for US is different but not exactly sure what.

To clarify X1 pricing: Our products are sold worldwide, so we have moved to a "World Price" approach. The $12,000 shown on our site is the world price for X1s in basic Satin finish. Gloss paint and wood finishes will be at higher price categories and will be on the site soon. USA customers can just call me for factory direct pricing inside the lower 48 states.

Clayton Shaw
SPATIAL AUDIO
www.spatialaudio.us

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #59 on: 8 Nov 2016, 11:05 pm »
All,

It is true that Clayton and I have been working on some very cool solutions (yes, there will be more than one!)
to be used with the Spatial Audio X1's.  8)

We hope to begin sharing this information with you all in about a week, so hang on... it's coming!

Updates will be coming (and I'll also post them on the Vinnie Rossi forum when it's time), and yes, Clayton will be
updating his website.

I've very excited to be working with Clayton on this!  2017 is going to be another AWESOME year  :singing:

Vinnie

This:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146542.0

:thumb:

Vinnie