RMAF 2K6 Happy Hour!

Charles Calkins

Re: RMAF 2K6 Happy Hour!
« Reply #40 on: 18 Oct 2006, 03:00 pm »
weez:
 After they let me out of high school in 1948 they shut the doors forever. I guess they didn't want another like me going there. AAHH!!! The good old days when public school was FREE!!!. If a student participated in sports all they had to supply was their athletic shoes. My daughter tells me stories about how much it costs to send her three girls to a "free" public school. It's unbelievable!! She thanks the guy upstairs that her daughters have a Grandpa.

Cheers
                  Charlie

WEEZ

« Reply #41 on: 18 Oct 2006, 11:49 pm »
Hey dad, I'm proud of my public school education. Even if I can't spell or talk proper, uh.. properly, I can still listen to music and talk about audio 'cause, uh.. because, well I just can. (I had some music education both privately and in public school)  :singing:  :lol:

Looking forward to the show.  :drool:

WEEZ!  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #42 on: 19 Oct 2006, 06:38 am »
Packed and heading to the airport...stopping in Dallas to hear Captain Humble's system (with the new Dodd Battery Preamp :D)....then the Captain and I will head for Denver. :hyper:
Wishing everyone a safe trip to the show....see you all at happy hour.... :beer:
And....I'm bringing a little something for everyone....see you there.....and...if you have an Audio Circle t-shirt....wear it. 8)

Chris

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #43 on: 19 Oct 2006, 11:25 am »
Packed and heading to the airport...stopping in Dallas to hear Captain Humble's system (with the new Dodd Battery Preamp :D)....then the Captain and I will head for Denver. :hyper:
Wishing everyone a safe trip to the show....see you all at happy hour.... :beer:
And....I'm bringing a little something for everyone....see you there.....and...if you have an Audio Circle t-shirt....wear it. 8)

Chris

Have a safe flight Chris.

I won't get in till midnight tonight, so I'll see you on Friday morning.

George

Captain Humble

« Reply #44 on: 19 Oct 2006, 11:42 am »

Chris

Have a safe flight Chris.

I won't get in till midnight tonight, so I'll see you on Friday morning.

George
I'm picking Chis up at DFW about 11 AM today.
Lunch at my restaurant then an afternoon of music & libations.
Followed by dinner than more music &  :beer:.
We leave Dallas Friday morning ETA Denver 9:15 AM.
See you at the show.
Jeff

DeadFish

« Reply #45 on: 20 Oct 2006, 12:11 am »
It's getting thirsty out here. :drool:

I'd better go warm up some seats and barstools and find the best one before y'all get here...

See y'all (who'll be in Denver) tomorrah!

Safe travels one and all.

Regards,
DeadFish

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #46 on: 20 Oct 2006, 12:31 am »
It's getting thirsty out here. :drool:

I'd better go warm up some seats and barstools and find the best one before y'all get here...

See y'all (who'll be in Denver) tomorrah!

Safe travels one and all.

Regards,
DeadFish
Hey Bill....Got some Shiner Bock here....I'm at Captain Humble's now....in Texas. Weather is good here.....so is the food....and the Captain has an excellent system.Dodd preamp is really something..... 8)
 Matter of fact.....found a new place to hang out.....might be some action here tonite..... :lol:

See you all tomorrow..... :thumb:

Chris

Brad

« Reply #47 on: 20 Oct 2006, 03:21 am »
Hey Chris - Shiner is my regular 'session' beer.  Also for playing darts.....

Here's one I want to try in Colorado

Avery Mephistopheles' Stout
Boulder, CO
averybrewing.com
Diabolically strong at 15.1 percent, Boulder brewer Adam Avery's latest creation demands respect. Drink it for a glimpse of the awesome power a beer can unleash, but be careful: You may never be able to drink another stout. And not just because it's seductively potent. This cinder-black brew is rich and roasty, with flavors of coffee and rum-soaked black cherries, and a velvety smoothness lures you back for sip after sip. It's an ideal after-dinner drink, perfect with dark chocolate. But again: Consider yourself warned.

BradJudy

« Reply #48 on: 20 Oct 2006, 12:57 pm »
A quick warning for those coming in from lower altitudes - the high altitude will increase the impact of alcohol on you.  Decrease your intake and make sure to drink lots of water or the tunes may be hurting you a bit the next day.  :)

mgalusha

« Reply #49 on: 20 Oct 2006, 01:27 pm »
Great photo Chris, only thing missing is the bottle of Shiner Bock. :D

Gordy

« Reply #50 on: 20 Oct 2006, 02:20 pm »
The Shiner Bock was there Mike, resting atop the firehydrant he was 'measuring'.  You know Chris,  such a dog...  :D

mgalusha

« Reply #51 on: 20 Oct 2006, 02:32 pm »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Good to know that tradition is being maintained. :)